Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Panther and 7.5" Sierra Diff
Bacon2002

posted on 8/9/07 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Panther and 7.5" Sierra Diff

Hi,
Does anyone know if a 7.5" Sierra differential will fit a Panther?
It does not say anything in the documents I have read but it looks like I would have to bend the mounting bracket which does not sound like a good thing to do?
I have been unable to check with GTS as Darren appear not to be aswering the phone to me, I assume because he still owes me some parts.
Also does anyone know where I can get a seat belt mounting boss as one is missing from my chassis.
Thanks,
David

Macbeast

posted on 8/9/07 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Don't know about the diff size but there was a thread recently (in last 6 weeks or so) about whether diffs would fit. Try a search.

I'm hoping to visit GTS next week (prob Tues) Do you want me to ask Darren for you ? By boss, do you mean the threaded cylinder the seat belt bolt goes into and if you get one you would have it welded on ?

edit having done search - diff mounting width by John P in chassis section

[Edited on 8/9/07 by Macbeast]

Bacon2002

posted on 8/9/07 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,
Thanks, I looked at the thread you suggested and it looks like my diff is to big for the mounting points.
If anyone has a 7" diff that will accept bolt on drive shafts (assuming my existing ones will fit a 7" diff) then please let me know.
When you see Darren can you ask him to answer my phone calls or maybe even give me a call.
Yes one of the seat belt bosses is also missing from the chassis so yes I will have to weld one to the chassis. Judging by Darrens current response rate I don't think I can rely on him to fix the problem.
Unfortunately I will probably have to go down to his workshop again but if you could ask him to call me it would be really appreciated.
Its a bit embarrising and incovenient having to go to his workshop to chase him for parts all the time, especially since they should have been supplied with the kit months ago.
Thanks,
David

scotty g

posted on 9/9/07 at 06:22 AM Reply With Quote
If you had known about your wider diff then the brackets could have been moved at the fabrication stage, oh well. on a more positve note, your existing shafts will fit straight onto a 7" diff with no problems ( i think )!
Bacon2002

posted on 9/9/07 at 06:32 AM Reply With Quote
Yes,
I purchased the chassis as part of a kit from GTS, regrettably the GTS instructions don't mention differneces in differential sizes so I assumed any Sierra diff would be OK.
If GTS ever answer the phone I could maybe order some new diff mounts, cut out the old ones and replace them further apart.
Thanks,
David

repper

posted on 9/9/07 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
hi mate ive got a complet 3.62:1 LSD rear end for sale there is a pick in my photo arcive
jim (U2U) sent

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.