Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Kirsty and Phil
DarrenW

posted on 17/10/07 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Kirsty and Phil

Anyone watching Location Location Location ..... Best and Worst.

Do you reckon the North South divide is real or ficticious????? Im not sure what to make of the results.

Kingston Upon Hull second Worst
Middlesborough number 1 worst place

North East has come off very badly

martyn_16v

posted on 17/10/07 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
London didn't fare too well either, i'm a bit surprised at some of the sh*t-pits they've left out though. Mind you, you could fill up the entire top (bottom) twenty with london boroughs, they had to let the rest get a look in.

On the plus side, the only way I can leave my town without passing through one of the top bunch is going up via Staines

DarrenW

posted on 17/10/07 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
I should say that im not entirely disagreeing with the worst ones, but strange that there seemed to be a geographical split - ish. Or maybe it was just that Surrey seemed to bag most of the best awards.

Harrogate did very well in the best list last year but not even a mention tonight. Maybe the researchers got fleeced at Bettys!!!!

The results will always be emotive no matter how they are done. At least they seemed to be based on good facts.

RichieW

posted on 17/10/07 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
People arent very happy(Seething) with the list where I work (In Boro). Everyone is wondering how many weeks it took the staff of the Daily Mail to find their picture to go with the story. It is totally unrepresentative of the town.

It makes me wonder how many of the presumably London based researchers have visited the north east or middlesbrough in particular. I reckon that for all the careful accurate survey talk it boiled down to a load of failed art students picking areas out of a hat.

A friend of mine now living in guildford commented that how many residents of Marton (Posh bit of Middlesbrough) would be prepared to swap their homes for grubby places down London?

The fact is you will find squalor where ever you care to look for it.

stevec

posted on 17/10/07 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Did they mention Coventry, After the second German european tour the council really screwed the town up.
billynomates

posted on 17/10/07 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
What about the North / South divide when it comes to people, I firmly believe that London is made up of 20% Alan B'stard sorts, 20% Tommy Walsh sorts and 60% Stavros the kebabish shop owner sorts.

Having said that I've only been there once, and I thought it wer shite.

Benzine

posted on 17/10/07 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichieW
People arent very happy(Seething) with the list where I work (In Boro).

Having lived there for 2 years, I completely agree that it's the worst place in the UK, I'd even say the world.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
SixedUp

posted on 17/10/07 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
Who cares what they think? If you've found a place that you like, and a way to live there, then more power to you ... everyone's different, and it would be a miserable world if we all wanted to live in Edinburgh.
zetec

posted on 17/10/07 at 11:52 PM Reply With Quote
London has good and bad, but even the bad are better than some parts of Manchester I saw recently! The one house left occupied in the street with the plastic garden chairs outside, presume thats all the furniture they have left.

I'll stay put thanks.

brynhamlet

posted on 18/10/07 at 05:29 AM Reply With Quote
There is a north/south divide definetely. I work in Camberley and live in Newark.

3 bedroom detached bungerlow with garage in nice area, i.e. no, yobs noisy poeple (except me and a guy with a Ducati and we keep it down near home) £170,000. Same property around the Camberly area £300,000. Guys who work round here have to work overtime, me a Mancuniun, originally living in the East Midlands and working in the South doesn't.

The South East might think their better off but there is plenty of nice places up't North as well

But as has been said it's all down to personal preferance

donut

posted on 18/10/07 at 05:57 AM Reply With Quote
Well i live in Surrey and surrounded by many of the top places to live so I'm happy

Oh and doesnt Kirsty look yummy!! I would if she'd let me

[Edited on 18/10/07 by donut]

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
fesycresy

posted on 18/10/07 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
Can't believe they missed Coventry.

I had to endure 2 years there, what a sh*t hole.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

RichieW

posted on 18/10/07 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
Just realised that I missed the programme last night as I was busy binge drinking down the pub!

Oooh the Irony!!!!!

donut

posted on 18/10/07 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

DarrenW

posted on 18/10/07 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichieW
Just realised that I missed the programme last night as I was busy binge drinking down the pub!

Oooh the Irony!!!!!

LMAO - Brilliant!!!!

Its not so much the places that were on the list that got me, but more how the other several thousand places were graded selected. Surely they didnt do the full country.

To be quite honest its maybe no bad thing that some Northern areas didnt do well. Might keep the good places a well guarded sectret I like my town a lot and the surrounding area is stunning. The quieter the roads remain the better i say!!

Blakey_boy

posted on 18/10/07 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
I like Zetec live in East london myself in the Borough of Newham. During my previous job I trvelled and worked the length and breadth of this country, Scotland Wales and I still believe that home is where you want to make it.

Not where a pair of overpaid self important, know all know nothing stuck up snobsfull of their own impotance think we should be living.

Gene Hunt:- If anything happens to that car, I'm coming round your house and stomping on your toys, Understand?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.