Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New kidney
scotty g

posted on 15/2/08 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
New kidney

hi all, well the doctor gave us the news we have been dreadding for the last 4 years, the wifes Kidneys have just just about packed in now so its time to find her a new one, whats the going rate?
Seriously though, i will be getting my blood checkied next week and finding out if i ama blood/tissue match, A neg anybody?

Mr Whippy

posted on 15/2/08 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
pardon? what a strange post.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scotty g

posted on 15/2/08 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
well i guess it should have gone in the anything else section but tecnically she does want something, a new kidney!
Mr Whippy

posted on 15/2/08 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
no I mean asking on this site, though I guess it worth a chance. Hope you do find a donor. Isn't there a register for such things?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scotty g

posted on 15/2/08 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not actually expecting anyone to say,"hey i've got a spare one she can have!", i was just sharing the news thats all, We will be getting all the details sorted out in the next week or so but it turns out that i am her best chance for a donor tissue match which is now considered more important than an exact blood match.
twybrow

posted on 15/2/08 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck with the search mate. I hope she gets well soon.

Mr Whippy

posted on 15/2/08 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
oh I see. That's good news then, also anti rejection drugs have come a long way so I'm sure things will be fine.

jacko

posted on 15/2/08 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hi - Sorry to hear your bad news. If it helps my brother in-law had a kidney transplant a few years back and he's is very well now and back working as normal. So look to the future and not the present. Good luck Graham
alister667

posted on 15/2/08 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear about it, best of luck with your search.

And it is the most best uses of a "wanted" post I've ever seen!

[Edited on 15/2/08 by alister667]

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alister667/

donut

posted on 15/2/08 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Jeeeze what horrible news. Good luck with the treatment and i hope all goes well.

Good luck!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

zilspeed

posted on 15/2/08 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
Y'know, it really is just a matter of time until Hellfire comes along with :-

"Nah, it's not a kidney she wants, it's a bike engine"

Anyway, best of luck - keep us posted with good news !!

Macbeast

posted on 15/2/08 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear that Scotty.

Very best wishes to you both. It sounds as if you have a bit of time to find a suitable donor though.

Couldn't you nab an illegal off the Eurostar and make him an offer?

robinj66

posted on 15/2/08 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
K'nell Scott!

Sorry to hear your bad news. hope it gets sorted. give me a bell if there's anything I can do.

Hellfire

posted on 15/2/08 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear the news and I'm sure the fact of posting it on here is a way of helping to deal with the problem rather than the objective initially stated - but if it works it's a bonus.

The reasons why kidneys fail is a varied one - my boss had a kidney and Pancreas Transplant a couple of years ago. He was diabetic - he now no longer is...

He is fit and well - the anti-rejection drugs are less of a problem than injecting 2/3 times a day. I wish you and yours a very fruitful search. Should you get the transplant, take the councelling offered as it is very invasive surgery and it has alsorts of mental connotations which are gruelling to you both. Also (if possible) try to meet the donor as this has helped him immensley.

Most of all, good luck!

Steve

Phil.J

posted on 15/2/08 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
I had a transplant myself four years ago. tell her not to worry, smarts a bit for the first couple of days (!), but within a few weeks you are feeling much better and after a few months as good as new.
u2u me if you think I can help.
Phil

SixedUp

posted on 15/2/08 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
A good friend of mine is now on his second transplanted kidney. His first lasted him nearly 18 years, and he's 2 years into his second. He got married last week, and is looking forward to a long and full life. As someone else mentioned, the anti-rejection drugs are getting better all the time, so although its going to be a tough experience for you both, you can still look forward to the good times still to come ...
scotty g

posted on 16/2/08 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
In my wifes case the kidney damage is a symptom of another problem. 4 years ago just after the birth of our daughter she had a stroke, this was also a symptom. The actual problem was a hyper-parathyroidism! She had a tumor on her Parathyroid glands thatcaused them to massively overproduce calcium, this turned her blood into a thick soup causing the stroke and it calcified the kidneys.
emergency surgery removed 3 of the 4 glands as they had tumors on them and she has been on medication ever sinse to try and control the calcium and vitaminD levels in her body.
The Kidneys have struggled on and the doctors are amazed they have lasted this long, they are amazed she survived at all, her condition was so severe that she should have died on a few occasions.
Still she is staying remarkably possitive and looking forward to ahving a new kidney, probably mine!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.