Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Donnington 750mc racing 19th- 20th July
procomp

posted on 13/7/08 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Donnington 750mc racing 19th- 20th July

Hi the finals are out for the 750Mc racing at Donnington this weekend On Sat 19th and Sun 20th. There is also the trackday on the Friday.

Racing includes: LOCOST - KITS - RGB - BIKESPORTS - SR&GT - FORMULA VEE - STOCK & HOT HATCH - SAXMAX - THOROUGHBREDS - MR2'S - GOLF'S - FORMULA 4 - MG MIDGETS - BCV8'S - 750 FORMULA. There should be somthing for everyone with that lot at one meeting .

A LINK TO THE TIMETABLE.

As usual there will be quite a few of the forum members racing over the weekend.

LOCOST: #4 aligarratt - #6 Gloves - #21 gib1et - #25 Richd - #39 stevetzoid - #43 simes43 - #47 Rob palin - #67 ernie - #73 Robster - #82 82 Locost

RGB: #7 progers.

Others that may be off interest are: #75 and #36 in KITS. Matt lewis in the MNR V8. And Ian kempson in the MK specR.

I am sure i have missed one or two names. Please shout ( The guy who races in Bikesports ) apologies if i have.

Who as usual will all be glad of support and willing to talk and show you round there cars Ect.

Cheers Matt

[Edited on 16/7/08 by procomp]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Johneturbo

posted on 13/7/08 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
I might pop up on the saturday weather permiting me> ex stock hatch racer and it would be good to watch some RGB's so two birds and all that
progers

posted on 13/7/08 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
RGB will be racing on the Sunday I'm afraid!

I have also entered the allcomers, will be a bit of a shock to the system getting scrutineered at 7.30am in the morning so I'd better lay off the beer on Saturday night

- Paul

Richd

posted on 13/7/08 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Who's doing the track day on Friday day or evening (I'm booked on the day)

Does anyone know whats the score with getting in to the paddock if I arrive on Thursday night.

Cheers
Rich
Locost #2 5

allied.motorsport@hotmail.co.uk

www.alliedmotorsport.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
procomp

posted on 14/7/08 at 07:08 AM Reply With Quote
Hi yep also doing the trackday on friday with a few cars.

It will be the usual procedure in that they will allow you as far as the entrance to the circuit. You will have to park up on the approach road to the gate as you are not permitted to enter the circuit it's self.

And then get up early and move in to the circuit on Friday morning. Quite bizarre as there will be 250-300 people staying overnight on Friday and Saturday. But thats the way they do it.

See you there Thursday night.

Cheers Matt

pumpers

posted on 14/7/08 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
Should be coming down to watch Saturday but unfortunately I'm not racing

Hoping to get out at Silverstone.

Have fun everyone.

Don't forget my propshaft Matt

pumpers

Richd

posted on 14/7/08 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp

It will be the usual procedure in that they will allow you as far as the entrance to the circuit.

Is that the paddock entrance (just outside the walls).

allied.motorsport@hotmail.co.uk

www.alliedmotorsport.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
procomp

posted on 14/7/08 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hi yep you get as far as the gate / main entrance. By the cafe / paddock 3 on the plan for the weekend. Just park alongside the roadway that runs parralel with the wall.

Craig should have prop done for Thursday hopefully so will bring it to donny.

Cheers matt

Robster

posted on 15/7/08 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be there too, racing in Locost #73. Not going to the test day on Fri tho, can't get time off work

Matt, any news on the shox?

Cheers, Rob.

procomp

posted on 16/7/08 at 07:10 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Rob i will bring a set to Donny with me for you.

I did send reply to your Email. Not surprised if it did not go through have had some problems with the email since back of hols. I think that over a 1000 on the inbox has got it a bit confused . But it's working now ( i think ).

Cheers Matt

gixermark

posted on 16/7/08 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
flying in to see the action on sat/sunday..

can't wait to see racing on the other side oif the water..

See you then Matt - will chat in teh morning ref: the shocks too

Robster

posted on 16/7/08 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Matt, thaat's great news, perfect!

No I didn't get your reply, but no worries. Guess your inbox is as overworked as you, but then you will go on holiday...

See you at Donny.
Rob.

procomp

posted on 17/7/08 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Hi just setting off for Donny.

I have all spares for those that have been asked for on board. Robster dampers and spare set and your pair gixermark. Did not get your phone call so i will put them in incase.
Seat belts diffs cans of oil. pumpers i have your propshaft.

See you there cheers Matt

andylancaster3000

posted on 17/7/08 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
I'm there, I'm there, I'm there!!

Kits #29.

Bit of a mad rush one way and another. Rolling road last Friday, engine in bits again by the next day, back together and running again now. Ain't this motorsport lark fun...

procomp

posted on 21/7/08 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
Hi well that was a surprising weekend. was expecting rain on Fri + Sat + Sun and what do we get a couple of showers and dry racing. Thats 4 meetings in a row.

I blame those RGB drivers with there new 048 wet tyres.

Sorry Andy i missed you on the entry list. Also #71 KITS MAWMAW made a last minute decision to come and play also. I Think it was worth it with a second in class and 4th overall.

Hopfully some videos to come from the locost race wich was quite exciting with 8 cars battling for the win. I will put the links to the results for the different races up when they are available shortly.

Well they are getting quite efficient on the new 750 site they are up already.

LOCOST RESULTS

RGB RESULTS

KITS RESULTS

BIKE SPORTS RESULTS

Also as most of the ALLCOMERS race was dominated by kitcars here are those results also.
ALLCOMERS RESULTS

Cheers Matt

[Edited on 21/7/08 by procomp]

gixermark

posted on 21/7/08 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
great race meeting - enjoyed my first visit to a 750 meeting - next time i hope to bring the car over and race...

Good to catch up Matt - will give yo a buzz in a day or two ref the shocks...

Mark.

andylancaster3000

posted on 21/7/08 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
No worries Matt I almost fell over with surprise when I checked to see if results were up at lunch today...

Was a good weekend of racing from the little I saw of it. Just a shame this damn CVH is playing up like it is and only giving me 1.5 laps of racing. I can feel a zetec change fast approaching!

mawmaw

posted on 21/7/08 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
andy i have a spare zetec se in the garage, you know it makes sense!!! sorry i didn't come over and say hello on sunday, i had my 9 year old lad with me so was busy either watching the racing or playing football when i wasn't racing. Have a chat with matt about CVH's he has plenty of experience of them in his pre locost days.
Mark

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.