Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hands up whos on call
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 26/8/08 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
Hands up whos on call

The money has stayed the same for years and the charm of going to chavsville in the dark has long worn off.........
hate being on call

blakep82

posted on 26/8/08 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
we should swap jobs then...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

ashg

posted on 26/8/08 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
i have to do on call every 6weeks. i hate getting phone calls from stupid social services users at 1am saying their computer is broke. usually get down there and nothing is wrong!
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 26/8/08 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
fixing services in the street after having feral kids destroying the equipment is no fun...

still cube farming would put me up the wall

blakep82

posted on 26/8/08 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
i thought you meant the type of on call, where you get paid for not having to go out most of the time...

joking

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 26/8/08 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
i have to do on call every 6weeks. i hate getting phone calls from stupid social services users at 1am saying their computer is broke. usually get down there and nothing is wrong!

try fixing copper cables for the sick when they have umteen mobiles on their table......999 is a free call dopey

splitrivet

posted on 26/8/08 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
I used to hate being on call.It was always the same pillocks who called you out at 9 at night, for a job that started acting up that morning.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 26/8/08 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
i thought you meant the type of on call, where you get paid for not having to go out most of the time...

joking

wish it was that way but the systems where put in by irish natives on bonus.........so quality is lacking..... + copper and salt water dont make good joints.....

blakep82

posted on 26/8/08 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
well turns out for me that i'm being watched very closely at work for any little thing i do to give me the sack. i've not done anything majorly wrong (ok, not totally innocent either) but they've been trying to wee me off for a long time to get rid of me... great...

Andi

posted on 26/8/08 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
Doing a 24 hr with sleep in. Started at 13.00, finish tomorrow 13.30 with the possibility of sleep between midnight and 8am in a crazy house full of the most uindesirable people out there.
YQUSTA

posted on 26/8/08 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
Know the feeling well chaps

1 in 4 callout here

the 1's i hate are the 6 hour round trip to reseat a card at 3 am when the customer isn't 24hrs grrrrrr

YQUSTA

dave1888

posted on 27/8/08 at 06:48 AM Reply With Quote
Thankfully call finished for me last month still get called though when the on call engineers dont answer there phones.

ecosse

posted on 27/8/08 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
I did on call 2 out of 4 for 7 years, it finished at the end of last year and it was like having a weight lifted when it went, don't miss it at all.

Cheers
Alex
PS
I do kind of miss the £125 a week I got for doing it though!

DaveFJ

posted on 27/8/08 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
On call 1 week in 5... £2500 extra a year for the privelige and £50 an hour for call outs...

and only 3 call outs this year so far....

works for me guv

oh yes, nearly forgot, I can only be called out by a senior support analyst if they have exhausted their own resources to solve problem.... unless i 'choose' to be called out (want the extra cash)

[Edited on 27-8-08 by DaveFJ]

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.