Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: digger driving
Mr Whippy

posted on 8/9/08 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
digger driving

one other question...

anyone here become a professional digger operator like large excavators and knows how to go about becoming one?

yeah I know that's not car related either

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 8/9/08 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
ooh, i want to do that too!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

ecosse

posted on 8/9/08 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
Yeh...did it for years.
Loads of companies offer training courses, just google "360 excavator training" and you should find lots, you then go do the training, get the certificate, and tell lots of lie's about how long you have been doing it in order to get a job

Cheers

Alex

Mr Whippy

posted on 8/9/08 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ecosse
Yeh...did it for years.
Loads of companies offer training courses, just google "360 excavator training" and you should find lots, you then go do the training, get the certificate, and tell lots of lie's about how long you have been doing it in order to get a job

Alex

great thanks for that, just what I was after. Been using my own one & hired machines for about five years and now folk are commenting I should be doing it for a living, starting too agree with them as I don't feel I'm really cut out for office work

I'll have a look at that site when I get home, cheers

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 8/9/08 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
The pay is PISH up here in Scotland. My mates are muck shifters and they work scary hours to make up the pay from I and H broons
r3nuf

posted on 8/9/08 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
Running a Demolition company down in sunny Suffolk, with a fleet of 360's. i can tell you its a pain the ar$e getting and keeping your tickets.

Even my most experienced guys e.g. 20 years+ operating plant, have to maintain work logs, attend bi annual h& s touch screen tests and be assessed on site regularly.

The usual places for us to deal with training and assessments are the CITB and NDTG.

Money for my plant operators is fairly good, with the majority of them earning 25k - 30k depending on overtime worked.

U2U me if you want any more specific info, i can get my training admin to advise you.

Cheers

Gary

Drive Fast....Brake Late....Take Chances

pewe

posted on 8/9/08 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
"I don't feel I'm really cut out for office work "
Is that on the basis that the new job doesn't have lots of nubile young ladies prancing about?
I think we should be told!
Cheers, Pewe

ecosse

posted on 8/9/08 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
The pay is PISH up here in Scotland. My mates are muck shifters and they work scary hours to make up the pay from I and H broons

You can make good money, but as said ^^^ lot's of OT hours required, which is why I gave it up eventually

Cheers

Alex
PS
Not sure if it still the case, but I always made better money on a duck than on tracked machines, and better again running scrapers/graders

Liam

posted on 8/9/08 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
I got a Junior Digger Driver certificate from Diggerland near Newcastle. Might be able to get some work with that?

Liam

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.