Board logo

Mini For Sale :(
sheepish0001 - 3/8/11 at 11:37 AM

Been a long time lurker on here and the time has come to sell one of my projects:

Here we have for sale my pride and joy 1982 Y plate mini, this car was completely rebuild from a bare steel shell 5 years ago, every piece of rust was replaced with new metal with nothing being missed.

* Pannels replaced were : 2 * sills, bootfloor, battery box, front pannel, wings, A pannels, bonnet, and scuttle repairs, new metal was used to repair any other major rot spots
* The subframes were bare metal stripped and seam welded and then hammerite finished
* The shell was partially stich welded to help strengthen it up
* The rear brakes were upgraded with original mini-lite alloy brake drums
* The rubber cones were upgraded with harder rubber
* The front suspension was rebuilt using new dampers polybuhes hi-los and upgraded rubber cones
* The brakes on the front were upgraded from drums to 7.5" Cooper S Disks with mintex pads
* The engine is a standard 998 unit that was completely stripped and reassembled with the car it is fitted with a single 1.5" SU with a LCB manifold 2.5" straight through with twin upswept DTM backbox
*Comes with 1275 GT(from a metro A+ in pieces in a box)
* The compensator was removed from the car and an adjustable brake bias valve fitted (next to drivers seat)
* The fuel and brake lines were moved inside the car
* A new larger Battery cable was fitted inside the car
* A custom wiring loom was made moving the fuses and relays inside the car for ease of access(relay and fuse allocated for spots and cables ran just not fitted)
* A new centre console was made to house the custom witch gear and the LG CD(LAC4700R) played(cables ran for rear amp and speakers)
* Custom Dash fitted with 2 * 4"Kenwood speakers
* A push buttom start was fitted and the choke moved
* A battery master cut off switch was installed with a new ignition switch
* Viper 1000 thatcham approved alarm 90% fitted
* Angle Eye headlights are fitted with clear indicator lenses
* The front bumper was removed and de-seamed
* GP2 Arches fitted allround
* 2*rear fog lights (I really like symetry)
* Seats are colour matched Ricaro style buckets with 4 point harnesses

car will need to be trailored away as no mot or tax would take minimal effort to pas an mot

I am absolutely sure i forgot something if you have any questions please ask me and i will repond as fast as i can

Please feel free to arrange a viewing

Looking For £2200 ONO

if you have any questions please just ask lots of pics in my archive

Cheers

Sheep

Mini
Mini

Mini
Mini

sheepish0001 - 7/8/11 at 03:43 PM

Open to offers if any one is interested

Sheep

sheepish0001 - 15/8/11 at 09:40 AM

looking for £1950 now

Sheep

Macbeast - 15/8/11 at 10:12 AM

For what it's worth, I always think advertisements that say " would take minimal effort to pass MOT " prompt the question, " well why doesn't he put it through the MOT then ? " I'm sure it would be easier to sell if it had an MOT.

sheepish0001 - 15/8/11 at 10:41 AM

only reason it doesnt have an MOT is id need to trailor it down and i dont have a tow car, so when I say minimal effort i mean you have to get it there. I would be willing to test it for any one that was interested ie they want to buy it ill find a way to get it tested, dont want to get it tested only for it to carry on living in my garage

if any one is interested I would therefore put the car through a test before it was collected so it would have 12 months test

I also have a whole raft of spares that would go along with the car just general bits and bobs from owing several minis over the years

Sheep

sheepish0001 - 9/9/11 at 09:12 AM

Would any one be interested if the price was Lower? need to get rid so I can buy a house price is now £1750 ono

Shaun

Nash - 9/9/11 at 09:24 AM

Its legal to drive it to a booked MOT isn't it??!!

coyoteboy - 9/9/11 at 10:22 AM

quote:

only reason it doesnt have an MOT is id need to trailor it down and i dont have a tow car, so when I say minimal effort i mean you have to get it there.

You can drive to the MOT without tax or MOT, just insurance.

skippad - 9/9/11 at 11:57 AM

Sheepish

Sent a U2U