Board logo

GTS Panther For Sale
G.I Ginge - 20/9/14 at 12:38 PM

For sale is my excellent GTS Panther.
Correctly registered on a 61 plate, the car is running with a 1.8 Zetec blacktop with fuel injection. The engine was new on being installed in the car and has covered just 3,800 miles. Loads of the parts on the car were new when the car was built by Ed Ives (if you're on this website then you probably already know his reputation) in 2011, hence the 61 plate, rather than a Q plate. Any parts that were not new were fully refurbished from a Ford Sierra donor, so the car is in great condition.

In the year I’ve owned the car, I’ve pumped a fair bit of money into it. I put an aeroscreen on, changed the alternator for a brand new one, replaced the tie rod end joints, put a grill on the car, had a join on the exhaust rewelded and tidied up the interior, to name a few jobs. The car has just been through its first MOT (Sept 10th 2014). It had one advisory- a small coolant leak- which I had professionally fixed immediately, along with replacing a break line which was looking a little tired. I also bought a new full set of Toyo R1Rs for the car in June. They still have almost all their tread- this has only been a weekend and very occasional track car for me.

The car is fantastic to drive. 0-60 in just over 4 seconds is nothing to sneer at. It weighs in at just over 650kgs, so it’s got a power:weight ratio of about 230bhp per tonne. In short, it will happily smoke just about anything you’re likely meet on the road. On track, she is beautifully balanced and carries incredible speed through the bends. I know it’s pretty subjective, but I also think this seven shape looks the business- I get more comments and questions from folks when I take this out than for any of the sports cars I’ve owned. For those who don’t like the stickers I’ve gone for, they are just vinyl decals and will peel straight off.

In short, the car is exceptionally sound- about as safe a buy as you can make in the kit car world. I am happy to give a prospective buyer as long as you like to inspect it. There is some slight damage to the driver’s side wing that I’ve tried to show in the pictures; if it bothers you a new one costs £60, but has absolutely zero impact on the car’s handling. There are also one or two other small imperfections which I will be happy to detail to any serious buyer, but they really are too minor to list here. I’m only selling the car because the fun I’ve had maintaining it has shown me I want to build one of my own from scratch! Always garaged, always checked over before and after every outing. I’m happy to take any prospective buyer out for a drive, but will need to see proof of insurance if you want to get behind the wheel.

£6,750 o.v.n.o

**I can NEVER convince the locostbuilders site to upload the pictures from my camera, but am happy to e-mail photos to any interested parties. The car is white and black.**
***OR you can have a look at my gumtree advert ***http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/2011-g ts-panther-kit-car-bargain/1081762682

[Edited on 20/9/14 by G.I Ginge]

big_wasa - 20/9/14 at 02:16 PM

G.I Ginge - 20/9/14 at 03:17 PM

Very kind- thank you!

G.I Ginge - 25/9/14 at 09:04 PM

Shameless bump!

G.I Ginge - 4/10/14 at 06:53 AM

Still for sale...
I would consider p/x for something interesting. Try me!

G.I Ginge - 28/10/14 at 05:23 PM

Price reduced to £6500 ovno. There must be somebody out there who loves this car as much as I do?!

locoboy - 14/7/15 at 09:17 AM

Did this car ever sell?

Thanks
Colin