Board logo

FS Sierra 7 inch Diff - 3.92 LSD
greenwood03 - 8/5/15 at 08:36 AM

This is the sierra viscous LSD unit.
7 inch, push in shafts, with 3.92 ratio.
This has just been rebuilt by Phil at Road & Race with the comment ' that's a nice strong unit'...The only reason it's for sale is that i swapped to a plate diff and had bought a spare 3.92 which was open ( hence the word open in the photo ) and a spare sierra slipper 'in case'...i had Phil marry the 2 up to make a decent LSD.

This is located 10 mins from Dartford Crossing or 10 mins from Sevenoaks - nr Brands Hatch.

photos as below - £365

bi22le - 8/5/15 at 10:42 AM

That looks like bolt on shafts to me?

Doctor Derek Doctors - 8/5/15 at 11:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
That looks like bolt on shafts to me?

When I read this bit: 7 inch, push in shafts, with 3.92 ratio my brain nearly burst as I posted a wanted ad' yesterday for this exact thing and was told it doesn't exist.

But yes it does look to be bolt on shafts rather than push in shafts.

Matt21 - 8/5/15 at 12:29 PM

I'm sure I read somewhere that they can be changed between push in and bolt on? maybe I made that up, but im sure I didnt

CNHSS1 - 8/5/15 at 12:44 PM

7" Open diffs can take either push in or bolt on if the bolt on flange whafts are removed because the push in shafts and bolt on flange splines are equal lengths.

On the lsd however, the splined lengths differ, so lsds are bolt on only of using ford oem viscous lsds

greenwood03 - 8/5/15 at 08:33 PM

sorry guys, that's me being in a hurry! dead right, 'was' push in shafts, Phil obviously changed them!