Board logo

FS Puma. 1.7. £200
owelly - 11/6/15 at 08:45 PM

I'm considering selling my Puma.
I bought it as a stop-gap vehicle back in December and it's been a marvelous little toy! Swmbo has been using it for the past two months because her Espace keeps breaking but the MoT runs out at the end of this month. I've had a good look around it and it needs the following:
Rear subframe bushes.
Front brake flexi-pipes.
Tiny bit of welding on the outer sill (50p size patch would cover it)
The ABS light came on the other day. I have checked obvious stuff so suspect a wiring fault.
All four tyres have scrubbed-off the outer edges.
The guy I bought it off had done a few jobs on it including: new discs/pads. New front suspension springs. Heater valve. Timing belt. Ball joints. And loads of other bits I've forgotten about!

But....the engine is brilliant! It had 99,999 miles on it when I bought it and it's done another 5,000 in the past 6 months. It's the 1.7 125hp unit.

Other bad bits: The rear arches are doing what Puma arches do. The central locking stopped working just before I bought it and I've never bothered to see why. The drivers door lock is loose in the hole but works fine. It may just need the trim taking off and the clip putting back on? A few bits of interior trim have come loose so need popping back on.

To buy the bits to fix the old girl will be £52 from carparts4less plus a day to fit them and do the welding.
If I can't get £200 for her I'll do the work myself and use it*! I'm only considering selling it as I've have a chance to buy a 4x4 which is probably more practical for me! In fact, anything bigger than the Puma is more practical for me!

The car is near Whitby N.Yorks.

*I'll probably just park the Puma in my barn until I pull the engine out and stuff it in my kit car!

puma
puma

[Edited on 11/6/15 by owelly]

[Edited on 12/6/15 by owelly]

owelly - 18/2/16 at 03:10 PM

Quick bump before I drag the old girl out of the barn and stick an MoT on it.....