Board logo

FS: Landrover Defender 110 CSW TD5
tegwin - 26/10/15 at 04:47 PM

The time has come to part with possibly my favourite toy. Really love pottering around the countryside in this but I have (perhaps unwiseley) decided to part company and purchase a van instead so I can have a bed to sleep on.

Year:2001
3 keepers. First was Welsh Water, second was a Welsh Landrover enthusiast and the third was me. The truck doesn’t appear to have had a hard life and is pretty tidy!

I have used it for the last couple of years for trips onto Dartmoor/cornwall to go climbing/caving/surfing/camping etc. Really sad to part with the truck but I think a van with a bed would fit my lifestyle a bit better.

looking for offers around £9,500.

Specification:
• 2.5TDI 5 cylinder TD5 engine (Later version)
• Fitted with discovery transfer box. (better ratio for every day use)
• 9 seats. (Two in front, 3 behind and two folding bench seats in back)
• Recently fitted genuine Landrover Boost alloys x5 with General Grabber tyres.
• Steering bash bar
• Engine under tray/sound deadening
• Central locking
• Electric front windows
• LED side/brake/indicators
• Kenwood CD/aux/usb head unit
• Upgraded 6” front speakers and custom mounted 6x9s in the rear pillars.
• Full sound deadening kit fitted inside to all panels to stop the “Landrover headache”
• Rubber floor mats fitted.
• Rear mounted LED flood-light (switch on dashboard)
• EGR removed
• De-cat downpipe fitted (original exhaust is included)
• Properly fitted safari snorkel
• Roof wrapped with black vinyl
• Height adjusting towbar with hidden trailer power socket.
• Alloy check plate on wingtops and bonnet.

Recent work:
• Replace rear drive flanges, half shafts and rear hub seals
• Replace rear radius arm bushes
• Remove EGR system and solvent clean the intercooler
• Replace engine injector loom and re-gapped injector rockers (common fault with original loom caused lumpy idle)
• Full service (engine, gearbox/transfer/diff oils), both oil filters & air filter.

Condition:
• For a 14 year old Defender this truck is in pretty good condition. Everyone always comments how tidy it is when they get in. It is showing the usual signs of corrosion with a few bubbles on the doors but is pretty solid. It is not showroom condition but it isn’t a shed either.
• The engine pulls well at low speed right up to motorway speeds with no shortage of power or torque. I service it every 6000 miles and haven’t had to top up oil between services.
• Transfer box switches as expected from low to high and difflock works as it should.
• The heater and blower work properly.
• The vinyl has been on the roof for a 14 months and has a couple of holes where it has been caught by branches/roof racks, looks great from a distance but with a magnifying glass its not perfect.

N.B. Stickers shown in photos on front doors have been removed.

[Edited on 26/10/15 by tegwin]

trextr7monkey - 26/10/15 at 08:35 PM

I loved those stickers 😂

tegwin - 26/10/15 at 10:00 PM

Me too

tegwin - 31/10/15 at 07:23 PM

Now on the wonderful bay of e eBay Item

tegwin - 16/11/15 at 10:48 AM

Ive found a van I want to buy so open to offers around £8500