Board logo

Any retro gamers interested....?
JC - 9/11/15 at 07:57 PM

Having a loft clear out and decided it is probably time to move my old, much loved Amiga 1200 to a new home! Just testing the water on here to see if anyone would be interested. I haven't powered it up yet though..... It has an internal hard drive that I added, a monitor ( although I remember the power switch no longer latched in) and loads of games, including sensible world of soccer, zool, formula 1, a WW1 combat flight sim ( Knights of the Sky)

Edit: tested and fully functional!!!

Let me know if you would be interested!

[Edited on 9/11/15 by JC]

Slimy38 - 9/11/15 at 09:17 PM

I picked one up free, but I have also seen good ones sell for about £100. There's still a bit of life in them, you can get Compact Flash 'hard drives' to use downloadable disk images.

Mr Whippy - 10/11/15 at 12:30 PM

I just chucked mine in the dump, an Amiga 500 with 500k expansion and fully functioning with loads of games, after finding out so many folk still had their old computers plus there are game emulators on the web with all the games to play for free. Seemed pointless keeping it tbh.

The amiga was quite a robust machine, very well built. Disk drive very noisy though.

[Edited on 10/11/15 by Mr Whippy]

[Edited on 10/11/15 by Mr Whippy]

Irony - 10/11/15 at 12:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
I picked one up free, but I have also seen good ones sell for about £100. There's still a bit of life in them, you can get Compact Flash 'hard drives' to use downloadable disk images.

I have seen the compact flash drive upgrades for Amiga. Really good pieces of kit. A 4GB flash drive can probably store all the Amiga games ever produced.