Board logo

Any interest in a decent spec mx5 donor kit?
sdh2903 - 2/1/16 at 09:42 AM

I'm testing the water to see if there was a demand for a good refurbished mx5 donor kit? This won't be exactly locost and I'd probably prefer to shift as one complete kit rather than split it at this moment in time.

The donor was an 80k uk 1.8. Registered Aug 1995 so by my reckoning no cat required. I have the V5 and is declared sorn in my name.

Engine.

1.8 16v. 80k miles. Has had a new timing belt kit. New water pump. New cam cover gasket. Sump has been off to cure a leak and properly resealed. New oil filter. Engine has been painted with POR 15 engine paint in silver. Cam cover has been powder coated white. Only things left to do really is a new set of plugs and fill with oil.

Drive train.

5 speed gearbox. Cleaned and painted silver. New exedy 4 piece clutch kit Inc release bearing and flywheel bearing.

Diff cleaned and painted. Fitted with brand new Ashcroft transmissions ATB. Diff was fitted professionally and fully inspected at time of fitment. Also comes with superpro poly diff infill bushes to stiffen up the existing bushes.

Driveshafts refurbished with new outer cv joints and new boots all round and painted black.

Shortened and balanced propshaft.

Brakes.

New wilwood powerlite front calipers with brackets to mount to mx5 uprights.
New pagid rear calipers.
Mintex 1144 pads for front and rear.
New grooved and drilled discs all round coated black.

Uprights.

All electrolysis cleaned and painted in por 15.
Rear upper bushes replaced with polybushes.

Donor parts.

All the required parts are here including steering column. Column stalks. Full wiring loom as removed from donor. Standard ecu. Mx5 brake and clutch master cylinders. Maf sensor. No clocks as they were dropped and broken.

Additional items

Set of 4 Oz ultraleggera 15x7 alloys. Freshly powdercoated gloss black. Need spigots and new centre caps but readily available. Also have 2 half worn toyo tyres which can go with if wanted.

Race technology dash 2 complete with loom and switches. No sensors. This was bought used by myself so will have mileage on it but can be reset by racetech for 40 quid.

Sytec Hp external fuel pump. Pre and post pump filters.

Wilwood compact clutch master cylinder kit.

There may well be more I've missed and will update if I have.

With regards to price I'm not 100% sure what I should be looking at as it's still a bit of a raw decision to actually sell up and am genuinely gutted. I fully appreciate i would do better splitting but i want to avoid all the hassle of parting out and postage etc.

The sensible thing for me to do would be to stash this lot away until I decide on a chassis but at present I'm a little fed up with the industry and may just buy a fun tin top track toy instead.

[Edited on 2/1/16 by sdh2903]

[Edited on 2/1/16 by sdh2903]