Board logo

Type 9 Gearbox
kingster996 - 4/2/16 at 12:12 PM

I have my old type 9 for sale as its being replaced by a nice HD box with a long first.

It was from a 2.0 Sierra Ghia donor I used for my build that had about 60k on the clock and I've put 1500 miles on it since it was installed.

Works perfectly with no odd noises or dodgy changes evident. Could maybe do with a new saddle thing to tighten the lever up, but that's all. The ratios are std and it has a mechanical speedo drive.

I reckon £200 is a fair price for a known good one.

This is for the box only as I need the bellhousing and gear lever for my new one.

Collection only from Newcastle upon Tyne - happy to drop it off within say 15-20 miles.

kingster996 - 22/4/16 at 04:52 PM

Didn't end up selling this as the HD box needed fixing due to a part supply issue.

I'll be (hopefully) getting the HD box back at Stoneleigh, so will be using the current Type 9 to drive there with.

So if anyone is interested in buying the old box, you can see/hear it working and generally test it out (with me behind the wheel though!) and then around a week or so after the show, assuming I get the new one in OK, I can ship it to you.