Board logo

How NOT to ebay advertise a car
myke pocock - 8/8/16 at 07:10 PM

A better description in the heading of the advert would do wonders. Could go for a song and make a nice bit of kit.

Kit Car - Unfinished project

Slimy38 - 9/8/16 at 07:34 AM

Mmm, that looks fun!! If I had the space I'd have that. I'm guessing it might need a bit of thinking for IVA though, designed in the 70's as a copy of a 60's car can't have IVA in mind!!

But yes, calling it an unfinished kit car is just asking for low bids.

nick205 - 9/8/16 at 07:34 AM

Agreed - the advert could be better headed and better written really. It looks an interesting project for someone, but a little more guidance on what's needed to finish it would help a lot.

r1_pete - 10/8/16 at 08:07 AM

Often with ebay its a no win situation, give lots of detail and info, and someone finds fault with something you've said and backs out causing all sorts of headache with neg feedback and getting fees back, or just say a few words and risk under selling your item, can't really blame him, people who would want such a car would do their research and understand its value and work to be done.

slingshot2000 - 12/8/16 at 07:03 AM

Wow, someone got a bargain. If they have the skill (and cash) to finish this to the standard it deserves, it could be worth a substantial amount of cash.

Slimy38 - 12/8/16 at 07:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by slingshot2000
Wow, someone got a bargain. If they have the skill (and cash) to finish this to the standard it deserves, it could be worth a substantial amount of cash.

Definitely, that is going to be a good project for someone.