Board logo

Myford Super 7 Lathe
GavMax - 4/6/17 at 03:35 PM

Hi all

I'm going to be selling my Myford Super 7 lathe over the next week or so in a bid to raise funds to complete my project.

I have used it mainly for making tools, spacers, small pieces etc and it has served me well.

It has a quick change gearbox and a lever feed in the tail stock which makes it interesting for dealers to strip and sell on the parts but I would rather sell it to someone who is going to use it.

It has had a life and could do with a refurb and repaint but can be run from day 1 (which is what I did).

It has a tray to sit on to collect suds and a pair of raising blocks. I bolted mine down to the work bench which worked really well. It has a quick change tool post and a few tools but not many. The motor is three phase which I didn't use - I used a single phase motor but it is really old and whilst it worked for me, I'm not sure Id want to take responsibility for it

Myfords go for big money - especially with quick change gearboxes and lever feeds but I have priced mine to reflect its condition at £850. If anyone wants it from the Locost site I'll make it £825. This is a firm price because I know I can get more elsewhere.

I'm based by Watford in Herts.
If you are interested, please pm.

Thanks
Gavin

GavMax - 26/6/17 at 07:24 PM

Now listed on flea bay with a lower start price

eBay item number:182631495172