Board logo

Cheap load lugger & MX5 mk3 / NC gearbox (for Duratec conversion) for sale
PorkChop - 9/11/17 at 11:33 PM

I have a 2000 X reg Citroen Synergie (think Fiat Scudo in MPV form) that I need shot of.

Thought I would offer it up in case someone's looking for a cheap hauler / tip run / moving house vehicle.

Or do you have a 206 GTi with a knackered engine and you need a replacement...? This Synergie has the same petrol 1997cc EW10J4 engine fitted to it. Goes pretty well TBH. At least 140,000 miles - the odometer works but the display doesn't. I get low 30s mpg.

Main points

1. MOT expired in September. Can't see any reason why it wouldn't get another. Went straight through last year with an advisory for a blowing exhaust.
  2. Owned for 2 years - V5 in my name. Bought to move house in, now have a new van, so this is surplus to my needs.
  3. Cosmetically horrible inside and out - dented sliding doors, a couple of dents, slightly tatty interior etc. It's one of the cars you can park anywhere and not care if someone smacked their door into it. However, I would have no problems taking for a 300 mile journey tomorrow. It's been really reliable in the time I had it. The body itself is pretty clean for a 17 year old workhorse.
  4. New front exhaust (cat and new lambda sensors) fitted this summer. Also has a brand new indicator stalk as the old one broke.
  5. Has a current drain somewhere, I suspect it's the aftermarket alarm causing it. It isn't a problem if the car's used most days. Leave it a week though and the battery will be dead (as it is now).

How much am I after for this nirvana of motoring? Whatever the scrappy will give me. I would much rather it be put to use or used as spares rather than just scrapped. If it doesn't go though, I'll have no choice but to pull a couple of choice bits off like the exhaust and scrap the rest

I also have a pile of spares that are available separately; lights, steering wheel, instruments, most of the interior parts....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------

I also have a 5 speed gearbox out of a mark 3 MX5 for sale as well.

I bought it as I was thinking of fitting a Duratec to my Roadster, but have since changed my mind and I'm sticking to my original engine choice.

Not sure what the going rate is for them - some of the prices on eBay are eyewatering!

Thanks; I'm in Coventry.

[Edited on 9/11/17 by PorkChop]