Board logo

FS - Rover V8
Paradoxia0 - 13/1/08 at 09:50 PM

I am looking at selling my "spare" 3.5 Rover V8 engine.

This is out of a Range Rover and I bought it when I could not prove the age of my rebuilt/tuned 4.2 V8 to get it through SVA.

This engine got me through SVA and runs very well. I have the printouts from the tuning machine which shows all emissions nice and low, a faxed copy of the V5 (which was accepted as proof of age for the SVA) and a letter from Rover stating the age which I will let the buyer have.

I put this through on carbs, but it comes with the complete injection kit, water pump etc. ready for re-assembly.

The downsides are it is a touch "tapety" sounding and looking in the rocker covers it looks like it has done some work, but I ran it for 800 miles without a single problem, and as I said it got me though SVA with no issue at all.

I would take photos, but it is burried in the back of my garage, and I cannot move the car until I get all 4 wheels back on :-) I should be able to get photos next weekend if anyone needs then.

The engine is based in Spalding (lincolnshire) and I am ideally looking for £150 but make me an offer.

If no-one is interested I will stick it on flea-bay when I can get photos of it.

donut - 13/1/08 at 10:42 PM

Any chance you can move to Surrey?

Worth a think this one!

AdamR - 13/1/08 at 11:23 PM

I'll be needing an engine with accompanying docs for the same temporary purpose at some point, so could be interested. Does it come with carbs or EFI (or neither)?

Ta
A

Paradoxia0 - 13/1/08 at 11:28 PM

Hi Adam

It has all EFI bits, manifold, ECU, loom, injectors the lot.

I ran it on carbs when I put it through though, and they are in my car

Mark