Board logo

Raw Striker rear top wishbone
mazie - 30/7/24 at 05:29 AM

As title, I need a replacement top rear wish bone for a raw Striker. A friend tried to press a bush out for me at his garage and didn't support it fully so bend and broke the single end off :-(

JimSpencer - 30/7/24 at 07:23 AM

Hi

I'd suggest a local fabricator, just get it repaired / new one made - WKD or DS Motorsport or somebody similar??

adithorp - 30/7/24 at 09:28 AM

Have you tried MK Sportscars. They have the Striker rights now.

mazie - 30/7/24 at 03:40 PM

Have made an enquiry with MK.

The local to me (Coventry) Motorsports fabricators are too busy and he honestly said it would be too expensive !

Seems it's also quite bent!

AJC - 31/7/24 at 09:34 AM

I could have a look at it for you. I'm in the Engineering game. How about nylon bushes or rose joints?

mazie - 31/7/24 at 10:16 AM

AJC, Do you think you will be able to repair this wishbone using the other as reference? Want to DM me ?

Ref bushes I'm tempted to use the bonded bushes again, poly bushes slook to be expensive for the 18x I require but I could be wrong! I don't want to go rose jointed as I will use the car on the road..

Russ

adithorp - 31/7/24 at 10:53 AM

How the he'll did they manage to do that pressing the bush out???

mazie - 31/7/24 at 12:32 PM

Not sure yet, a mate who's going through a rough time offered to do them at his workplace ( lorry mechanic). Assumed one end was supported. Don't really want to be asking to much.
Just said STOP don't try anymore.

Will try again myself when have them back.

AJC - 31/7/24 at 03:40 PM

Hi. Reckon I could do something if you could send them to me. I have tried to dm you. Could you dm me?

mazie - 31/7/24 at 08:03 PM

Hi AJC, you have DM.

Russ

mazie - 7/8/24 at 02:33 PM

Update: Found one going on Ebay for £150 ( wasnt someone on here was it?)
Expensive but its done!