Board logo

google chrome
keithice - 1/1/10 at 05:54 PM

running Windows seven on a new computer... should I download google chrome.. any body like/dislike? thanks in advance... keith.... OOOPS Didn't mean to triplicate Must be a closet civil servant

[Edited on 1/1/10 by keithice]

[Edited on 1/1/10 by keithice]

skinned knuckles - 1/1/10 at 05:56 PM

if it helps you not to post in triplicate then its probably worth a go

speedyxjs - 1/1/10 at 05:59 PM

Might be an idea to delete the other two threads before you get attacked

Fozzie - 1/1/10 at 06:06 PM

The Triplicate issue sorted for you!

Fozzie

MikeRJ - 1/1/10 at 06:10 PM

I tried it on my laptop, and it's certainly very fast at rendering pages, and I saw no issues in general use.

One thing that did put me off is that it installs only for the current user, if your machine has multiple logins no other users will be able to use it by default. There is a way of fixing this apparently, but I couldn't be bothered with messing around so went back to the tried and tested Firefox. This was a few months back so may be fixed by now.

CraigJ - 1/1/10 at 06:52 PM

Ive had chrome on for ages, running windows 7 now also and it it still a good browser.

britishtrident - 1/1/10 at 08:10 PM

Chrome isn't quite 100% fit for purpose yet --- 6 months more development it should fit for use as the primary browsing tool.

Really better to stick to Firefox if for no other reason than the add-ons that are available.

[Edited on 1/1/10 by britishtrident]

GreigM - 1/1/10 at 08:40 PM

I've tried it a few times - agree with the above that it needs another 6 months development....I found enough sites that didn't work with it to make me go back to firefox

Ben_Copeland - 1/1/10 at 09:25 PM

They tried it at work, found it lacking in decide features.

As said, more development needed

keithice - 1/1/10 at 11:54 PM

Thankyou Fozzie, very much appreciated, sorry but I had to leave to go out for supper and then to watch Avatar...(pretty awesome visually but as an avid sci fi fan it's story seems to be blend of several I've read with a touch of "A Man called Horse" grafted in as well).... Thanks for the input guys... I'll take your advice and hold off for a while... keith

dhutch - 2/1/10 at 12:34 AM

Yeah i think its good.
- Still use opera as my main browser but use chrome for natwests site which doesnt like opera and also when i want more windows open to move around on the second screen (iplayer etc).

I also have a portable apps version which i use on campus at uni which is cock on.

Daniel