Board logo

Garage exhaust ventilation
number-1 - 10/8/24 at 04:58 PM

I need to reverse my car into a crappy pre fab concrete garage

I start the car twice a week for 30 mins to keep the battery charged. What is the best way to vent the garage when the engine is running? I have considered some air conditioning pipe over the exhaust outlet and bring the other end outside

Is this the locost way or can you suggest abetter way? I have no power in the garage by the way

Cheers

N1

JoelP - 10/8/24 at 08:39 PM

I'd be using a small solar trickle charger rather than running it for that long. Much cheaper than the fuel.

Bluemoon - 10/8/24 at 09:00 PM

As above, running up from cold is not geat for a engine. Running temperature is hard/impossible to get to from idle or with out load. This encourages water to be absorbed into the oil and condensation in exhaust system. I would remove battery and trickle charge or maybe solar charger if a decent one exists i.e. Somthing intelligent that will not overcharge.

[Edited on 10/8/24 by Bluemoon]

Dingz - 11/8/24 at 10:08 AM

I have used a length of old drain pipe and bends in the past.

adithorp - 11/8/24 at 06:06 PM

I'd go solar panel to a Optimate solar charge controller.
https://optimate1.com/product/solarduo/?wcmlc=GBP

Most of your 1/2hr running will be putting back what you've used starting the car.

If you must, I'd use ac pipe and a boat bilge vent blower. Cheap, 12v and shift a lot of air. Lots available if you Google.

ReMan - 12/8/24 at 09:46 AM

Running the car is the wordt thing to do. Either disconnect the battery, so it can't discharge, or as mentioned rig a small solar charger somewhere