Board logo

Should I let him get away with this....
vindicator - 12/11/10 at 03:40 PM

There I was looking for a small car trailer on ebay and I wondered over to the Kit cars for sale section. There I found someone selling his half completed kit car from the same kit car supplier as my car.

Interested I took a look at the photos and then found pics of my car!!!!!

Should I ask the guy for some money for helping to sell his half completed kit or ask him to remove the pics of my car....

What do you think I should do.....

Vindicator Sprink mk4 XL kitcar kit rolling chassis on eBay (end time 02-Dec-10 21:26:55 GMT)

Regards

TimR

vinny1275 - 12/11/10 at 03:43 PM

I'd at least ask him to blur the number plate!!

Bluemoon - 12/11/10 at 03:43 PM

Be flattered... Shows your car as a good example of what can be achieved, he says in the add that is what the last 3 photos are...

[Edited on 12/11/10 by Bluemoon]

changed faltered -> flattered, dam dyslexia..

[Edited on 12/11/10 by Bluemoon]

Hellfire - 12/11/10 at 03:44 PM

Neither. He's specifically stated in his advert that the last three pictures are an example of a similar vehicle taken at a show....

Phil

Jasper - 12/11/10 at 03:51 PM

Photos taken in a public place - he's completely within his rights, you may own the car, but his photos are his copyright and he can do what he wants with them. As others have said, be flattered.

jossey - 12/11/10 at 03:52 PM

ask him to mention its your car and the locostbuilders site maybe :O)

and ask him to blur the plate.

dave :O)

locoR1 - 12/11/10 at 04:43 PM

Happend to me a couple of times had the same thoughts as you initially but when you think about it its quite flattering
Would defiantly ask him to blur the plate though.

RazMan - 12/11/10 at 05:00 PM

I reckon as your car was on an exhibition stand with both number plates on view, he isn't the only person with good photos. With hindsight, it would have been a good idea to mask the plates while on show, but hey .... bask in the glory!

[Edited on 12-11-10 by RazMan]

Liam - 12/11/10 at 05:29 PM

You'd actually consider asking for money if your car shows up in a photo somebody took in a public place??? If you dont want people looking at/photographing your car, dont bring it to shows!

pewe - 12/11/10 at 05:36 PM

Put it another way - if you were selling your part-built car would you put pics of a finished one in the ad?
Plus he's stated it was taken at a SHOW
QED.
Cheers, Pewe

dhutch - 12/11/10 at 05:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
I reckon as your car was on an exhibition stand with both number plates on view, he isn't the only person with good photos. With hindsight, it would have been a good idea to mask the plates while on show, but hey .... bask in the glory!

This.

And get a pair of LCB.co.uk plates made up for the next show.

ChrisL - 12/11/10 at 08:47 PM

What's the deal with blurring out the reg? I don't get what people are trying to protect, so what am I missing?

r1_pete - 12/11/10 at 08:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisL
What's the deal with blurring out the reg? I don't get what people are trying to protect, so what am I missing?

I have often wondered that, other than if it were the owners car in the ad it 'advertises' the car and where it is kept, its common on TV too to blur the plates when the owner is identifiable - which I can understand.

But in this case whats the difference between the photo online, and the 100s of people who photo'd it at the show, or walk past and clock it in the street

please enlighten me, I'm sure there's a good reason?

Rod Ends - 12/11/10 at 08:58 PM

quote:

The government will sell your details to anyone (including criminals)

Mark Allanson - 12/11/10 at 09:04 PM

quote:

You could build/buy any old heap of sh!t, buy some show plates online and drive around without upsetting the ANPR cameras, speed through speed cameras and totally avoid IVA, not nice.

tomgregory2000 - 12/11/10 at 09:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
quote:

You could build/buy any old heap of sh!t, buy some show plates online and drive around without upsetting the ANPR cameras, speed through speed cameras and totally avoid IVA, not nice.

but you could walk down the street and take a note of any number plate and do the same, i fail to see the point of masking the plate

iank - 12/11/10 at 10:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tomgregory2000
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
quote:

but you could walk down the street and take a note of any number plate and do the same, i fail to see the point of masking the plate

But the crims don't even have to get off their backsides when there are so many plates to choose from on the internet and they can get an exact match on colour and model. TBH it's a much bigger problem for tintops as they don't want to stand out from the crowd so don't tend to drive/steal unusual cars.