Had these parts powder coated today!

Description
Description

Sump, Inlet manifold & Drive Shafts.

http://sdrv-stormbuilddiary.blogspot.com/

big_wasa - 29/7/11 at 06:23 PM

shiney

eznfrank - 29/7/11 at 06:24 PM

I've never had anything powdercoated before but I'm after a few bits doing, is it a drop it off an wait job or leave with them a few days (in general)??

Looks good by the way

[Edited on 29/7/11 by eznfrank]

AndyRead - 29/7/11 at 06:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank
I've never had anything powdercoated before but I'm after a few bits doing, is it a drop it off an wait job or leave with them a few days (in general)??

Looks good by the way

[Edited on 29/7/11 by eznfrank]

Thanks,

Normally it's a drop off & leave for about a week!

hootsno1 - 29/7/11 at 08:58 PM

I bought my own powder coating kit and build my own oven using a £25 gas bbq and some sheet metal total cost £175 including the power coating kit much cheaper than paying someone to do it for you and make some money back and powder coat mates stuff to.

aka_shortie - 29/7/11 at 09:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hootsno1
I bought my own powder coating kit and build my own oven using a £25 gas bbq and some sheet metal total cost £175 including the power coating kit much cheaper than paying someone to do it for you and make some money back and powder coat mates stuff to.

i have seen the home kits, is it easy to get a good finish?

Irony - 30/7/11 at 10:23 AM

I have a electrostatic magic kit and it is easy to get a good finish. Takes a bit of experimentation. I put up a post about it. My car is not on the road so I don't really know about durability