Board logo

Cheapest place for brakes
DIY Si - 2/8/07 at 10:56 PM

Evening all,
I'm looking for a reasonable set of discs and green stuff pads for a mates 1.1 saxo, where do you reckons cheapest?
I've had a look at ebcdirect.com, and they seem quite good, anyone know of better?

slim Jim - 3/8/07 at 06:20 AM

I used this place when getting pads for my tip top - I bought ECB pads from them and they were quite a bit cheaper than ecb direct.

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/

short track 123 - 3/8/07 at 06:57 AM

What sort of Discs do you want?
I can get discs and pads at a cheep rate.

Price's for the saxo range from
£6 to £15 each + postage for discs only

Model, year, size and how many bolt wheel fixing and we should be able to get the right one's

I can check on pads when I Know a bit more.

[Edited on 3/8/07 by short track 123]

[Edited on 3/8/07 by short track 123]

britishtrident - 3/8/07 at 08:59 AM

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/

re cheapest for Saxo discs --- any I have had from them are "Lockheed approved"

pewe - 3/8/07 at 11:38 AM

The guy who is building a diesel (!) Westie in PPC recommended www.biggred.co.uk for brake parts. Look quite good but don't know about prices.
Cheers, Pewe

paulf - 3/8/07 at 03:34 PM

EBC have a shop in Northampton , i have always found them to be cheap.There listed in the yellow pages.
Paul.

DIY Si - 3/8/07 at 05:20 PM

For those who need a bit more info, it's a 1.1 02 plate saxo desire, with 4 bolt fixing. Most places only showed the one disc for this car. I'll have a look round the websites and see what I can come up with.

britishtrident - 3/8/07 at 05:45 PM

1.1 ---- that will need greenstuf pads not

DIY Si - 3/8/07 at 06:01 PM

Normally, I'd agree, but she drives it like a crazy woman, so I'd rather she had some better brakes.

short track 123 - 3/8/07 at 08:56 PM

£6.00 Each Discs only sorry can't get the pads

I can order them Monday as they are closed over the weekend. If they are in stock they will be here Tuesday.

Email me if you want them

Jason@shorttrack.co.uk

DIY Si - 3/8/07 at 10:28 PM

Many thanks that man! I'll let her know, as I think her old man wanted me to do something else to it at the same time, but can't remember what. I'll let you know when I need them!