Board logo

Spyder Silverstone for sale
chris-g - 27/4/21 at 12:57 PM

Hello All. This is your chance to own a very rare Spyder Silverstone, widely regarded as one of the best engineered and performing kit cars of its era. Also a very expensive one. This belonged to a friend who died earlier this year. I am also a Silverstone owner and so I have been advising my friends family about the car and helping with its sale.
A little about the car. It was last used in 1995, if the tax disk in the window is anything to go by. In that time it has been stored in a garage and will therefore need some re-commissioning work. The engine is a 1.6 litre Ford Pinto mated to a 4 speed gear box. The engine turns over by hand very nicely but there is no compression. The coolant is missing and so one possibility could be a defective head gasket, I have not checked the oil. It comes with the factory Spyder roof and roof bars. The boot is present and working (photos show the lid of the boot removed, I have now re-fitted it). There are two sets of seats, the set that the builder of the car fitted and a set of nice Lotus Elise seats that my friend bought but didn't get around to fitting. The photos show those seats in the car but they are not fixed to the chassis, brackets will need to be fabricated. It has the later nose cone. The tyres are likely to be original and approximately 30 years old so will need replacing but they might pass an MOT as they are. There are two boxes of spare parts, just odds and ends, but there are some new seat belts for the Elise seats and a steering wheel and some spare cam shafts. It is currently fitted with a quick release steeling wheel, I believe the original is in one the boxes of parts.
The car rolled out of the garage with no problems, it had been stored with the hand brake off. There is one set of keys with the car. The car will need to be trailered away due to the non-running engine and no current MOT. There is a folder of paperwork and receipts from the original build. The family have the V5 document and the car is correctly registered as a Spyder.
Additional photos can be viewed at the following link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wubyfpd3wpt21bu/AABkxo08Efc58RZ5hd2Ulbmla?dl=0

The asking price is £7500, back in the late 1980's the kit and parts would have cost more than that. Any negotiation would have to be with the family and I will put potential buyers in touch with them.
The car, is located in and can be viewed in Nottingham.
Thank you.

[Edited on 27/4/21 by chris-g]

chris-g - 15/5/21 at 07:57 PM

Sold pending payment and collection.