CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2760
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 5/10/16 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Well I thank you for your valued opinion to which you are entitled of course but I'm sure something more constructive than calling people parasites would get your meagre post count up.
How the tiger building going ???

[Edited on 5/10/16 by CRAIGR]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

prawnabie

posted on 5/10/16 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Bowood is free to do what he wants with the car, he owns it!! As stated I got exactly what I wanted out of the car and am happy with the deal. I know I could of hung onto the car and make a bit more or possibly ask more for it when selling but that's life - I needed a quick sale to get it shifted from where it was currently parked or else it would of started spending more and more time parked outside.

Adi, my next project is to get this 1360 herald restored and then get into some single seater racing!

bowood14

posted on 5/10/16 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
I feel I need to say something, I didn't really want to get involved but when people start slandering me then I either speak to my solicitor or make my point. I bought the car in good faith from Shaun who is a really nice bloke and gave him the price he asked for. No offers unlike some of the other "close knit community" who offered £5k!!! I had all intentions of keeping it but it is far to nice to use in the way I want (trackdays) so have decided to continue with my Zx9 BEC that I have had for 5 years. The price I have it advertised for is what I would sell for, if not I will keep it in the garage and use in the summer next year. No one would complain if I lose £3K on a car.

Get off your soap boxes there are more important things to get upset about in life. Be careful what you say about people you don't know

velocitykendal

posted on 6/10/16 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bowood14
I had all intentions of keeping it but it is far to nice to use in the way I want (trackdays)

So the car doesn't meet your needs?

• The seller posted up a full description of the car with plenty of detailed photos. You suspected the car might meet your needs.
  • You struck up a dialogue with the seller, decided the car did meet you needs and agreed to buy it for £6700.
  • Judging by the previous half of this thread you had to fend off other interested parties who were (in your words) willing to pay more than the asking price. You were sure that you should have the car over these people.
  • You viewed the car in the flesh which confirmed to you that it met your needs and you exchanged ownership.
  • Almost immediately you decided the car did not meet your needs and you posted it for sale on Pistonheads (not LB or WSCC) for £9500, £2800 more than you bought it for.

You've given your interpretation of events. People can make of that what they will.

bluephil19781

posted on 6/10/16 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
The old 'too nice to use as a track day car' reason for selling...

Wondered what bull***t would be used.

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2760
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 6/10/16 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
Lol at you guys .

The local greengrocers have certainly shifted some stock of sour grapes this week to the federation of keyboard warriors .

Adamirish

posted on 7/10/16 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Wow! This has gotten very bitter!

Craigr was happy with the sale price(I wouldn't have been but it wasn't my car) the buyer decided to make a few quid on it. That's his perogative. Every car dealer in the world does exactly the same thing. Now it don't know if the buyer is a dealer but who wouldn't want make a few(quite a few) quid if they had the opportunity? Can any of you honestly say that you haven't bought something cheap and sold for a profit? Have any of you bought a car from a dealer? Did that conversation with them go the same way as this thread?

You snooze, you lose as they say.

Just for a bit of balance, it seems I snooze a lot!

PS, I'll give you £100 for the seats!

[Edited on 7/10/16 by Adamirish]

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.