Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cheap load lugger & MX5 mk3 / NC gearbox (for Duratec conversion) for sale
PorkChop

posted on 9/11/17 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
Cheap load lugger & MX5 mk3 / NC gearbox (for Duratec conversion) for sale

I have a 2000 X reg Citroen Synergie (think Fiat Scudo in MPV form) that I need shot of.

Thought I would offer it up in case someone's looking for a cheap hauler / tip run / moving house vehicle.

Or do you have a 206 GTi with a knackered engine and you need a replacement...? This Synergie has the same petrol 1997cc EW10J4 engine fitted to it. Goes pretty well TBH. At least 140,000 miles - the odometer works but the display doesn't. I get low 30s mpg.

Main points

1. MOT expired in September. Can't see any reason why it wouldn't get another. Went straight through last year with an advisory for a blowing exhaust.
  2. Owned for 2 years - V5 in my name. Bought to move house in, now have a new van, so this is surplus to my needs.
  3. Cosmetically horrible inside and out - dented sliding doors, a couple of dents, slightly tatty interior etc. It's one of the cars you can park anywhere and not care if someone smacked their door into it. However, I would have no problems taking for a 300 mile journey tomorrow. It's been really reliable in the time I had it. The body itself is pretty clean for a 17 year old workhorse.
  4. New front exhaust (cat and new lambda sensors) fitted this summer. Also has a brand new indicator stalk as the old one broke.
  5. Has a current drain somewhere, I suspect it's the aftermarket alarm causing it. It isn't a problem if the car's used most days. Leave it a week though and the battery will be dead (as it is now).

How much am I after for this nirvana of motoring? Whatever the scrappy will give me. I would much rather it be put to use or used as spares rather than just scrapped. If it doesn't go though, I'll have no choice but to pull a couple of choice bits off like the exhaust and scrap the rest

I also have a pile of spares that are available separately; lights, steering wheel, instruments, most of the interior parts....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------

I also have a 5 speed gearbox out of a mark 3 MX5 for sale as well.

I bought it as I was thinking of fitting a Duratec to my Roadster, but have since changed my mind and I'm sticking to my original engine choice.

Not sure what the going rate is for them - some of the prices on eBay are eyewatering!

Thanks; I'm in Coventry.

[Edited on 9/11/17 by PorkChop]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.