Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tiger Avon Project/Parts (Job-LOT)
grist_e

posted on 19/2/24 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Tiger Avon Project/Parts (Job-LOT)

NOTE i am based in the South of Sheffield, South Yorkshire

I am selling for space reasons my unfinished Tiger Avon.

I have been collecting parts for a while waiting for a big build but alas this is not going to happen

Therefore i am selling the whole lot at a bargain price to move it on quick GRAB A BARGAIN all major parts described as per below and a few photos included, however i have a full pdf with 50+ photos i can send to anyone who wishes to see more. or feel free to ask questions

Part Manufacturer Comments
  • Rolling Chassis Avon Tiger Fully powder coated
    chassis never registered or driven, (although it did have bodykit fitted at some point)

• standard wishbones Tiger Fully powder coated with Poly Bushes
  • Coil over Shocks Pro Tech Adjustable front
  • Hub assembly Ford
  • Quick Rack 2.4 QR inc brand new track rod ends
  • rear uprights
  • Read Drums standard ford complete with shoes and springs
  • Front Discs grooved
  • Steering column rose jointed
  • steering wheel Ford Standard sierra
  • steering wheel Ripspeed with boss and horn buttons
  • master cylinder Ford all brake lines fitted and

Power and drive gear
  • Duratec 2.0 150 Ford in pieces, block glass blasted clean
  • Fuel tank ADP Ali Fuel tank brand new never used
  • Prop shaft
  • half shafts Ford
  • 5 speed gearbox Ford Standard Type 9
  • Flywheel Ford Standard ST150 freshly skimmed
  • Engine stand Blue

Interior
    seats x2 GRP With Blue Pads

Random extra bits
    Electrical
    random wire, 2x relays, ignition lock & key injector mini harness standard coil pack and leads,Velcro straps, 8 way fuse board, fabric loom tape x2, pvc loom tape, wire Flexi sheathing

Fuel
    Facet lift pump, pressure regulator, filters and filter holders, various anodised AN fittings various mountings, rubber 2mm 3mm adhesive foam, breather filter

Cash on collection £1500 already a bargain so unfortunately NO OFFERS!!!

Chassis n wheels side view
Chassis n wheels side view

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

[Edited on 19/2/24 by grist_e]

[Edited on 19/2/24 by grist_e]

[Edited on 20/2/24 by grist_e]

Craig

One man on his mission to spend as long as he can in that garage till completion or divorce whichever comes soonest

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

JoelP

posted on 20/2/24 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Your location got cleared at the reset.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

grist_e

posted on 20/2/24 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
Updated main post with address details, thanks for highlighting.

Craig

One man on his mission to spend as long as he can in that garage till completion or divorce whichever comes soonest

Mr Whippy

posted on 21/2/24 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
I think that is a fantastic price for so much. However as the engine is in bits it might be worth detailing a bit more on what is needed to assemble and get it running. I have those exact stands, I'd be scared to put my whole weight on them, far less a car

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
grist_e

posted on 22/2/24 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
I think that is a fantastic price for so much. However as the engine is in bits it might be worth detailing a bit more on what is needed to assemble and get it running. I have those exact stands, I'd be scared to put my whole weight on them, far less a car

So the engine was bought complete by me from ebay as an 80k miles running but "Burning oil" condition I didnt hear it running.

It arrived complete on a pallet with quite a few ancillaries (injectors, coil etc)

my intention was to strip it down clean it up re-ring it and run it as is.

so i carefully dismantled and arranged all parts in order in their boxes etc and visually inspected for wear (didn't see anything obviously concerning but again didn't exactly taken a micrometer to any of the parts.) needless to say i was confident enough to send the block and head away for glass blasting (for vanity purposes more than anything ) and start to bbu parts

Whilst looking for replacement rings i found a seller (performance engine builder) who was removing the whole pistons/rings/rods from brand new crated engines which he didn't need thus i bought a set of those, i also purchased a Raceline Alloy sump and new Mains/thrust washers. and some millers assembly paste (all included)

the sump carries more oil than s standard sump and uses the Duuratec 2.3 oil pump which i had not yet bought.

I also had the flywheel skimmed (cant remember how much was taken off but bare minimum to just clean it up)

so for re-assembly i was going to check and measure tolerances and wear then buy new, head gasket and valve stem oil seals, may have bought a new cam chain (probably not...) new rod, big end and head bolts new crank /cam oil seals. the 2.3 oil pump and windage tray for the new sump and just
assemble from there.

I may have forgotten some details but happy to add any further details/pictures if needed.

Craig

J90rdn

posted on 4/3/24 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Would you sell the quick rack separately?
grist_e

posted on 4/3/24 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Jordan Thanks for the enquiry, at present i would like to keep it all together (my thinking is that someone could actually buy the lot and sell off the bits they dont want separately and make a tidy profit...

That said obviously If it sits too long without any takers as a Job Lot i may consider selling parts off separate and if i do i will be sure to U2U first.

Kind Regards
Craig

Craig

J90rdn

posted on 4/3/24 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Craig - completely understand, and someone's getting an absolute bargain. Free bump.
HowardB

posted on 8/3/24 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
That is a bargain!

GLWTS

bttt

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

wowblaauw

posted on 9/3/24 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
U2 sent

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming...
Damn, What a ride!!"

grist_e

posted on 12/3/24 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Tiger Avon Project/Parts (Job-LOT) SALE AGREED

Hi guys just to advise this is now SOLD subject to completion.

thank you for all the interest

Regards
Craig

Craig

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.