Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS - Rover V8
Paradoxia0

posted on 13/1/08 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
FS - Rover V8

I am looking at selling my "spare" 3.5 Rover V8 engine.

This is out of a Range Rover and I bought it when I could not prove the age of my rebuilt/tuned 4.2 V8 to get it through SVA.

This engine got me through SVA and runs very well. I have the printouts from the tuning machine which shows all emissions nice and low, a faxed copy of the V5 (which was accepted as proof of age for the SVA) and a letter from Rover stating the age which I will let the buyer have.

I put this through on carbs, but it comes with the complete injection kit, water pump etc. ready for re-assembly.

The downsides are it is a touch "tapety" sounding and looking in the rocker covers it looks like it has done some work, but I ran it for 800 miles without a single problem, and as I said it got me though SVA with no issue at all.

I would take photos, but it is burried in the back of my garage, and I cannot move the car until I get all 4 wheels back on :-) I should be able to get photos next weekend if anyone needs then.

The engine is based in Spalding (lincolnshire) and I am ideally looking for £150 but make me an offer.

If no-one is interested I will stick it on flea-bay when I can get photos of it.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

donut

posted on 13/1/08 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
Any chance you can move to Surrey?

Worth a think this one!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
AdamR

posted on 13/1/08 at 11:23 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be needing an engine with accompanying docs for the same temporary purpose at some point, so could be interested. Does it come with carbs or EFI (or neither)?

Ta
A

Paradoxia0

posted on 13/1/08 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Adam

It has all EFI bits, manifold, ECU, loom, injectors the lot.

I ran it on carbs when I put it through though, and they are in my car

Mark

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.