Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Can I register/(fit) Zetec to Sierra and still get age related plate?
gazzarose

posted on 12/12/09 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
Can I register/(fit) Zetec to Sierra and still get age related plate?

Was hoping to start an Indy this year, but looks like funds arn't going to allow it, so was thinking of starting with the doner stuff so all dirty (and cheapest) jobs would done. Was planning on refurbing/painting things and generally just doing stuff that keeps me thinking Im working towards a car. I read somewhere you can register a newer engine in a Sierra and still get an age related plate. Is that true? I don't mind If I have to fit it an MOT or whatevers needed, Il just look for a Sierra thats still on the road to make it easier. Or would I have enough points from the rest of the Sierra parts to do it?

Another reason I wouldn't mind doing it, would be to learn a bit more about cars, I know the basics, and I've maintained cars, changed brakes and shocks, but never got as far as clutches and things like that so if would be a good learning exercise.

What do you guys think? A good idea?

Gareth

coozer

posted on 12/12/09 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, thats what I did.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

gazzarose

posted on 12/12/09 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Do you have to give the DVLA any thing more than just the new engine number? Or do they need pics, or MOT or anything?

Gareth

speedyxjs

posted on 12/12/09 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
I think you need to fit the engine into the sierra and take pics to send to DVLA.

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

cd.thomson

posted on 12/12/09 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
there is talk about needing photos etc however the rules about age related plates mean you can get enough "points" for an age plate without using the engine from the donor.

Whether or not your local DVLA are up to speed enough on these rules is a bit of lottery though

Craig

gazzarose

posted on 12/12/09 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
I was hoping it would be a work around of sorts as well as a learning exercise. Il have to wait to fit the Zetec (or maybe Duratec) until after registration and just have to refurb the parts needed.

Thanks for the replies

Gareth

jonesier1

posted on 13/12/09 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
thats what i did. no problems,just sent the logbook off with the new engine no ,no pictures or anything else.
nobody asked or questioned anything

[Edited on 13/12/09 by jonesier1]

im in my own little world...its ok though they know me there

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.