Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS: 2009 MK Indy R1
StevieB

posted on 25/3/10 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
FS: 2009 MK Indy R1

Sadly it's time for me to sell my MK Indy in order to make room for the next project. I've really enjoyed the build process of this car and it's been fantastic on the road too (unfortunately the good old british weather has kept the opportunities for such things at bay since getting it registered! The engine had covered about 4,000 miles in the bike before being installed into my car - I've covered about 500 miles since.
Details for the car as follows:
MK Indy, Registered in Sept 2009 – covered approximately 300 miles since build, most of which was the initial shakedown testing away from public roads. The car has been awarded an age related plate, so has an ‘A’ reg (based on the age of the original Ford Sierra donor)

Engine/Transmission:
2000 5JJ Yamaha R1, fitted with TTS carb needle/jet kit and TTS foam air filter, bespoke 2” stainless steel exhaust. Haven’t been on a dyno since building the car but reckon it’s putting out about 150bhp. 6 speed sequential gearbox operated by steering wheel mounted paddle shift via mechanical linkage.

Chassis/Steering:
Protech aluminium shock absorbers with adjustable for ride height and damping. Steering rack has been uprated with a quick ratio rack (2.7 turns lock to lock) – this is perfect for the car as you can get round all but the tightest of corners without removing your hands from the steering wheel but the car is not twitchy as some quicker ratio racks can make it. Fully welded race roll bar.
Brakes:
Disc brakes all round. Wilwood Powerlite alloy front calipers, steel braided hoses all round.
Bodywork/Interior:
Red/black GRP bodywork. Carbon Fibre dash with R1 digital speedo/rev counter (speedo healer fitted), savage switches to operate most functions. GRP shell seats, adjustable on drivers side. Sabelt 4 point road harnesses (CE approved). Westfield steering wheel and crash pad. Vinyl trimmed transmission tunnel. Boot tonneau by Milson. There are a few light scratches on the drivers seat where the seat belt buckles have rubbed, as well as on the head rest from contact with my bike helmet.
Wheels:
14" Steel wheels powder coated satin black fitted with Toyo R888 tyres. Also a set of brand new Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2’s still in the box, plus fitting kit (£380 cost).
As for boring things like tax - the tax runs out at the end of this month so I will stick 6 months on it so the new owner can enjoy the great summer the weather people have promised us (kind of jealous I'm selling it now...)

Hopefully this is enough information about the car – please ask if there’s anything further you want to know.

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

StevieB

posted on 25/3/10 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Forgot to state - I have ordered a replacement starter button as the first one fell apart the first time I started the car.

U2U if you're interested and I'll confirm contact details etc.

Oh yeah, a price might be good too!

I'm looking for £8,000.

Cheers

Steve

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 25/3/10 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Looks a sorted car, i really like that steel wheel look! very cool

good luck with the sale

StevieB

posted on 25/3/10 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iscmatt
Looks a sorted car, i really like that steel wheel look! very cool

good luck with the sale

Cheers, I like the look of the wheels too. I only got the TD's to go with the sale as I appreciate the steelies aren't to everyone's tastes.

When I do my next car, I'd like to get some proper Wellers

cadebytiger

posted on 25/3/10 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
loving the steel wheels! Awesome

[Edited on 25/3/10 by cadebytiger]

StevieB

posted on 25/3/10 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
A bit more info I think I missed off - it's on an age related plate (A reg) and it will come with a catalytic convertor to stick in at MOT time.
StevieB

posted on 26/3/10 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Just wanted to add.................

BTTT

StevieB

posted on 28/3/10 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
Shamelessly BTTT again...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.