Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Testing........
phelpsa

posted on 8/7/10 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
Testing........

Now that I can't go to North Weald on Friday (in hospital less one appendix) I need to find an alternative venue for testing before trying the last few hill climbs of the season.

If anyone knows of a suitable test / track day anywhere in late July / early August, please let me know.

I need sonewhere with space to get the brake bias sorted and to make sure nothing's going to fall off.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 8/7/10 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa
Now that I can't go to North Weald on Friday (in hospital less one appendix)

Ouch. How many did you have to being with then?
Bad luck! Get well soon!

TimC

posted on 8/7/10 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
Llandow Circuit near Cardiff? MSA Sprint circuit with very reasonable rates for testing.

A bit of a trek down the M4 for you but might be worth your while...

MK9R

posted on 8/7/10 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Now that I can't go to North Weald on Friday (in hospital less one appendix) I need to find an alternative venue for testing before trying the last few hill climbs of the season.

If anyone knows of a suitable test / track day anywhere in late July / early August, please let me know.

I need sonewhere with space to get the brake bias sorted and to make sure nothing's going to fall off.

You have my sympathies, i went in 5 days before last christmas, it really bugggered up my build plans over the xmas break!!! Don't jump back in the seat too quickily, the 5 point harness perfectly lines up with the scar!!!

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CNHSS1

posted on 8/7/10 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
curborough is reasonably priced, although not local to you, either hire solely for morning or all day, or enquire if others that are hiring the circuit have spaces

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

Scott W

posted on 8/7/10 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
You could try RAF Odiham on the 18th July. It's a little more expensive than normal due to the event being a special one for Help for Hero's but you'll get food/drinks and a Chinook air display thrown in as well.

Lots of run of space included but the date/price might put you off.

pewe

posted on 8/7/10 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
Look at www.motorsport-events.com they organize Abingdon, Keevil and Hullavington days.
BTW are you sending the old man along to join the rest (of us old men) tomorrow?
Get well soon.
Cheers, Pewe

Alan M

posted on 8/7/10 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
(in hospital less one appendix)

Isn't that taking weight reduction tooooo far!

Nick DV

posted on 9/7/10 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scott W
You could try RAF Odiham on the 18th July. It's a little more expensive than normal due to the event being a special one for Help for Hero's but you'll get food/drinks and a Chinook air display thrown in as well.

Lots of run of space included but the date/price might put you off.

Who can you book this one through? It was on one of the track day sites for a while then disappeared a few weeks ago!

Cheers, Nick

"The force will be with you, always!"

Nick DV

posted on 9/7/10 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I am in the same position. I need to get some testing done just to see if anything falls off mine!!!!

Had my appendix burst when I was in Cyprus a couple of years ago. Luckily I was en route to hospital cos of the pain when it happened!!

Cheers, Nick

"The force will be with you, always!"

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.