Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: cam chain adjuster locking tool
:{THC}:YosamiteSam

posted on 7/4/11 at 02:59 AM Reply With Quote
cam chain adjuster locking tool

where can i get hold of a

cam chain adjuster locking tool

for a busa? how does it fit? looking at the manual cant quite see how it retracts the push rod and holds it.

thanks )

cosmick

posted on 7/4/11 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
There is no locking tool for a Hayabusa cam chain tensioner. If you want to retract the tensioner, take the middle bolt out which has a spring behind it. Then remove the 2 outer bolts to take the tensioner off. Inside the tensioner is a sprung loaded toothed ratchet. Push the spring back with your thumb and retract the tensioner all the way back. Assemble the cams in the correct position and refit the tensioner. Finally fit the spring with the centre bolt and the tensioner will click forwards taking up the slack.

If it can't be fixed with a hammer then its probably an electrical problem.

posted on 7/4/11 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cosmick
There is no locking tool for a Hayabusa cam chain tensioner. If you want to retract the tensioner, take the middle bolt out which has a spring behind it. Then remove the 2 outer bolts to take the tensioner off. Inside the tensioner is a sprung loaded toothed ratchet. Push the spring back with your thumb and retract the tensioner all the way back. Assemble the cams in the correct position and refit the tensioner. Finally fit the spring with the centre bolt and the tensioner will click forwards taking up the slack.

ahhh - sounds better - was just reading off the user manual.. but at 40 odd squids.. yowwww

hey took the westy out the other day mick and had a feel for the new air box.. only could take it easy tho - going for MOT.. passed.. looking to give it a run out this week or saturday morning.. felt good tho.. cheers..!

cosmick

posted on 8/4/11 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
If you have this type of cam chain tensioner, BEWARE. This was subject to a recall and should have been replaced. The new type tensioner is nothing like this anymore and is backed up by an oil line with oil pressure to keep it quiet.Therefore, please check and tell me what you have fitted.

If it can't be fixed with a hammer then its probably an electrical problem.

posted on 9/4/11 at 12:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cosmick
If you have this type of cam chain tensioner, BEWARE. This was subject to a recall and should have been replaced. The new type tensioner is nothing like this anymore and is backed up by an oil line with oil pressure to keep it quiet.Therefore, please check and tell me what you have fitted.

hmm - had to go check on that as i didnt know - seems it has the oil feed to it after all - i'm still learning about this engine lil things like that is nice to know. how come you found out about the recall mick? you wuz or iz a dealer mechanic?

i want to check on the valve shim sizes soon as a matter of routine maintenance.

is there a place online to get hold of OEM service parts or just use local dealers? price wise. extreme and the big tuners i find are quite pricey but good.

had a good run today and boy it felt nice to get out again.. just had a quick shufty at the car after i got home from work and found just one bolt i missed.. mount bracket!! fixed now.

edited to add - how can i find out the age of my engine? i think its about '99 - 2000. without the chassis for chassis no. im not sure visually how to tell.

[Edited on 9/4/11 by :{THC}:YosamiteSam]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.