Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: For sale - MNR Vortx
antwan

posted on 7/10/11 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
For sale - MNR Vortx

As above really! Just finished and IVAd this summer. Really great to drive but I love building more so im doing it all over again. Well why the hell not, didnt loose enough knuckle skin first time around!

Only problem, I would love to show some pics but i cant for the life of me figure out how to do it. In the meantime here are the specs, and perhaps someone could teach me about photo uploads, please!! I will keep trying...

The first MNR Vortx RT inboard using BMW donor
IVA registered August 2011, just 300 miles since, 500 total.
Built by me and sparing no expense

Donor car - BMW 318is 16v coupe 1995 with good SH selected by myself and tested for 5 weeks to prove reliability. Engine, gearbox, drive shafts, diff, steering column, wiring and electronics taken from donor.

Running gear - BMW 1.8 16v engine running standard fuel injection system and ECU (140bhp). All completely standard from donor with the exception of a quick shift lever to sharpen up the gear select. The original wiring loom has been used, fully stripped down and shortened to suit the car. Original EWS immobiliser retained which uses chip key and wireless transponder system. Key, ECU and immobiliser unit must all match for engine to fire. The system is Thatcham cat II. Inboard mounted Proshock adjustable coil overs. Full stainless exhaust incl custom manifold by MNR. Twin circuit brake system using Willwood master cylinders, remote adjuster supplied but removed for IVA man (booo!). Willwood hydraulic clutch master cylinder.

Brakes - BMW calipers front (refurbished and painted red) with new discs and pads. New calipers rear.

Interior - Intertrim odyssey 2 seats (padded) with TRS harnesses. All panels carpeted incl under dash in light weight carpet leaving all chassis members exposed for aesthetics. Aluminium chequer plate panelling in foot wells. Digi dash with shift lights. Power socket installed for GPS etc. Aluminium push button start. Fan override. Aluminium switches. New battery (in passenger foot well).

Exterior - Grey body, black wings with MNR race nose cone, bonnet scoop and MNR logos. Powdered coated chassis and side bars. F1 style mirrors. LED indicators (front). 17” split rim BBS alloys from the BMW coupe.

Summary
The car has been built as a comfortable reliable racer not as a stripped out trousers on fire track car and is therefore much easier to use for distance motoring. Having said that, im sure it could woop a hot hatch or two. Selecting a good donor, running for a few weeks before stripping, keeping the standard set up etc. has proven to be very successful. The car starts first push of the button EVERY TIME. Weight < 600kg.
The car has been finished to a very high standard (in my opinion).
Bills in excess of £16.5k.
Asking £12,450. Can supply 300+ build photos including some of a very nice donor (apologies to the nice bloke i bought it off!). All books and SH from the BMW and, of course, a correctly registered V5 for the MNR Vortx RT (on an age related plate).

Photo 1 - lets give this a go - yey!

donor
donor

[Edited on 7/10/11 by antwan]

[Edited on 8/10/11 by antwan]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

daniel mason

posted on 7/10/11 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
Is this car on BMW front uprights and rear hubs?

antwan

posted on 7/10/11 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
custom front uprights and i bought new bearings and hubs, supplied as one unit.

for the rear, custom ali bearing carrier, new bearing and refurb bmw hub.

Hows your build, i have been keeping a look on your progress, you cant be far off now?
ant

daniel mason

posted on 7/10/11 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
I'm still a bit off, but thanks. Not updated my blog or on here for a while now. Car looks good mate.

nick205

posted on 7/10/11 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
That's a very tidy looking car and I like the approach of buying a decent donor and running it for a while before the build.

Are there any significant chassis mods to accommodate the BMW running gear?

antwan

posted on 8/10/11 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
Hi
Not really, Obvious things like diff is a different shape than the usual sierra one.

There may be some small mods to the positioning of bracing pieces as the engine, well particularly the head, is quite large and rotated by around 30 deg (as per the original car). Other than that just custom suspension bits really incl revised front uprights to fit the wheels.

The great thing about using all the BMW drive train is that the ratios seems to be a good match for a kit. Motorway speeds are around 3.5 to 4K revs and low down gears are long enough for the weight of car.

Agriv8

posted on 10/10/11 at 07:08 AM Reply With Quote
Good look with the Sale Antwan -

but that my old Passot behind the BMW at MNR !

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

antwan

posted on 10/10/11 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
why?? its not in bits now is it?

Im presuming you used the V8 as per your logo thingy (a bet that shifts!)

Agriv8

posted on 11/10/11 at 06:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by antwan
why?? its not in bits now is it?

No I had the passat for 3 or 4 years then sold to Marc and became the MNR Van. Now being used by a 'Chippie' in the village IIRC

Im presuming you used the V8 as per your logo thingy (a bet that shifts!)

My 4.2 V8 MNR is having a rest at the moment 2 kids and mad at work so its gathering dust in the Garage.

She will l get started before winter She is not too Shabby in a strait line but the back end has a desire to try and overtake the front if not given enough respect.

One day the MNR will be back on the road.

Regards

Agriv8

[Edited on 11/10/11 by Agriv8]

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

antwan

posted on 16/10/11 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Woops, managed to delete photies, see advert in FOR SALE section of forum
franky

posted on 16/10/11 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Looks good. Shame MNR aren't going to use the bmw as a donor anymore

GLWTS.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.