Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blade 919 airbox..
fullpint

posted on 10/3/12 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Blade 919 airbox..

I'm still on my mission of getting below that 100db and it's been said a few times now that I need a standard air-box.. So who's got every thing I need? I presume I wont have to change any of the current settings? And hopefully it will fit under the bonnet with out cutting a hole in it.

U2U me if you can help along with the damage in cash

[Edited on 10/3/12 by fullpint]

I've over 28 years in dealing with magnesium wheels. Refurbishment and can powder coat most metal parts. Visit my web site if you wish..
www.tpcs-magnesium-refurbs.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wylliezx9r

posted on 10/3/12 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Very much doubt it will fit under the bonnet, had to cut a huge hole in mine. This can sometimes be hidden by adding a big scoop.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

Dangle_kt

posted on 10/3/12 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
You can fit the airbox backwards so it has less height.
ReMan

posted on 10/3/12 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
Assuming its all standard MK engine mounts/engine height then it WON'T fit under a flat bonnet, even with it turned round, you will need the MK bonnet with the bulge

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

fullpint

posted on 10/3/12 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Not cheap getting to that 99db mark!!! Already building up a selection of end-cans.. Now an air box followed by a bonnet.. Will it be worth in the end for that odd track day or should I just keep it as it is and buy another toy for the collection

I've over 28 years in dealing with magnesium wheels. Refurbishment and can powder coat most metal parts. Visit my web site if you wish..
www.tpcs-magnesium-refurbs.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mark chandler

posted on 10/3/12 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
As your noise is measured at the side the tester will pick up engine and induction noise, you need to route the exhaust out the rear then they will not pick up this.

Mine failed unless I stood next to the car which pulled it down a couple of DB's as my body blocked the noise a little.

You could also cheat and lay a fireproof lead lined blanket over the engine/induction tract for the noise test, then remove before you venture out.

It is worth it, track days rock try going to a couple of 105db days.

tony.g

posted on 10/3/12 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
As your noise is measured at the side the tester will pick up engine and induction noise, you need to route the exhaust out the rear then they will not pick up this.

Mine failed unless I stood next to the car which pulled it down a couple of DB's as my body blocked the noise a little.

You could also cheat and lay a fireproof lead lined blanket over the engine/induction tract for the noise test, then remove before you venture out.

It is worth it, track days rock try going to a couple of 105db days.

I love track days too.
I even had to cut a hole in my bonnet scoop to get the airbox in.

Sorry to hijack this thread.
Mark, where did you get the pipe bent to go to the rear of your car?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.