Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sat nav
Nickctp

posted on 2/8/13 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Sat nav

Hiya,

Just looking for a working' good condition cheapish sat nav. (Uk map only would be fine)

Any one got anything?

Mr Whippy

posted on 2/8/13 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
Tbh I've found them just rubbish and just use my ipad and the standard maps app already included, if you have an iPhone it also has it too. Taken me all over the country without a single error, unlike my last two sat navs

With the shear number of tablets and phones now sold I think many satnav manufactures will go out of business. I see you can now buy really nice tablets in ASDA for about £120

[Edited on 2/8/13 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Scuzzle

posted on 2/8/13 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
What kind of phone do you have?, I've found Google Maps on a cheap Android Smartphone gets you where you need to go as good as anything.
You could just buy a £25 sat nav off Gumtree in your local area, there's always loads of them but there no way of knowing how old the map is and with Google Maps at least you don't have to pay for an upgrade.

theconrodkid

posted on 3/8/13 at 05:10 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-4-3-inch-Car-GPS-SAT-NAV-FreeUpdates-Speedcam-POI-4GB-UK-seller-MP4-L2-/260896858124?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_GPSSystems _GPSSystems&hash=item3cbeaa200c

i use one of these every day for work,well pleased for what it costs

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

ianm67

posted on 3/8/13 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
If you have an Android phone just download an app called NavFree. It is brilliant, easily as good as either of my TomToms. Allows you to navigate via full postcodes too..... The cost....? Zero.......

Always biting off more than I can chew.....

Trollyjack

posted on 3/8/13 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
I have a Samsung Android phone I use this Sygic you can get a free trial for 14 days.
I did it was brilliant so I bought the full version it cost me £17 and for that I get regular updates free

Give it a try I think it Brilliant

TrollyJack

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gmk03

posted on 3/8/13 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Better use google map. It's the best for android.

sewa mobil

Nickctp

posted on 3/8/13 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Just want to add - its not for myself, trying to help a mate out who has had a few issues and helping him get back on his feet with a few bits n bobs - don't think he has a smart phone so really just a Tom Tom or something would be ideal.
snakebelly

posted on 3/8/13 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a pare mio satnav with uk map, its only a spare and is probably a couple of years out of date but if its for a good cause then £7 to cover p&p and its yours.
Nickctp

posted on 4/8/13 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
Sorted - thanks guys.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.