Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Caterham K Series (1400) Engine for sale. Low mileage.
lsdweb

posted on 8/10/13 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Caterham K Series (1400) Engine for sale. Low mileage.

Hi All

I have for sale a 1.4 K Series engine from a Caterham. This was removed from a crashed Caterham with less than 8,000 miles on the clock.

I’m selling this as I’ve decided to go a slightly different route.

This would be an ideal replacement for a tired K Series in a Caterham or would make the ideal lightweight engine for a kit.

With some slight modifications this would also fit into a Rover / MG / Metro etc.. (removal of spigot bearing and change of flywheel and clutch).

It has an original Caterham engine number - stamped into the bottom rail - Caterham had to remove the original engine number to allow clearance for the starter motor (RWD configuration) . Everything turns freely.

I will provide my original purchase receipt for the successful buyer.

I have contacted Caterham for any information they may hold on the engine and will provide anything I find for the successful buyer.

This appears to be one of the earlier high port engines with intake ports larger than the low port engines (33 to 34mm).

The cams appear to be standard – 8.6mm lift on the exhaust side.

The engine comes complete with

Throttle bodies - these are GSXR motorbike throttle professionally adapted to fit onto an alloy manifold. These have eight injectors so can run in twin injector mode. They come complete with injector loom (I will label this up for you) , TPS, fuel rails, injectors, fuel pressure regulator, throttle linkage etc.. They are fitted with brand new 90mm alloy trumpets, new from FastDan Engineering last week - they have some marks but these are as they come from FastDan....

Clean, undamaged engine loom.

Flywheel and clutch (note this is the RWD flywheel and clutch setup which is pretty hard to get hold of)

Alternator and bracket

Original induction setup, complete with throttle body, plenum, injectors etc.

Thermostat housing (engine side)

Caterham sump baffle with Caterham pickup

VDO oil pressure sender

I've had a lot of people asking if I'd sell the engine without the throttle bodies. If you want to buy the engine without the throttle bodies, please contact me.

Please note there is no sump but I will include a standard steel K series one which you could probably get a fabricator / welder to modify quite easily. This would save you having to sell a kidney to buy a Caterham one!

The cam belt cover is broken but I'll include one from a VVC engine.

I’d prefer collection from SA15 5YE (I have an engine crane so can easily load with you) or if you want to send a courier, I’d be happy to strap this to a pallet.

There are loads of photos on the ebay sale - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281179731828

Happy to haggle with fellow locostbuilders!

Regards

Wyn

Caterham K Series
Caterham K Series

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

lsdweb

posted on 12/10/13 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
Now for sale minus throttle body setup.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.