Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: £1100 2004 R1 5PW Engine Package
computid

posted on 25/6/15 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
£1100 2004 R1 5PW Engine Package

Hi All,

So I've got an R1. It's a 2004 5PW. I sold it to a chap a week or so ago but he recently HPI'ed it and discovered that it was written off Category B 2 years back and although I've been riding around since (I have no idea why it was registered Cat B) it's unfortunately worthless as a complete bike because of this. I didn't know it was Cat B, but I feel really bad about it so I'm giving the chap a refund and getting it back.

SO I'm looking to break it for parts. It's done about 25k miles I think (I'll check when I pick it up) and the engine is very sound. It'll come with a barnett clutch fitted complete with both sets of springs (a 50/50 road/race mix installed) along with a K&N filter in the airbox and a power commander 3. This would be a complete package (engine, wiring loom, Coil packs, TB's, airbox, clutch etc.) you'd just need to add a gear change linkage, exhaust and propshaft adapter.

So, I've added up all the parts included and knocked a bit off of all the individual ebay prices and I'd like £1100 for the lot.

Alternatively, if anybody is interested in a Complete (tatty, but complete) R1 5PW thats just had new tyres, sprockets, chain, service, spark plugs, braided brake lines, brake pads etc. and that doesn't mind it being Cat B then drop me a line!

Cheers!

Adam

[Edited on 25/6/15 by computid]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Fandango

posted on 25/6/15 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
I reckon it is worth about a tenner.

Can I pop around and pick it up?

computid

posted on 25/6/15 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
So I've had a look on ebay, added up all the parts included, knocked a bit off and I'd like £1100.

Any interest?

quote:
Originally posted by Fandango
I reckon it is worth about a tenner.

Can I pop around and pick it up?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm No.

daniel mason

posted on 26/6/15 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
On a serious note. They are very good motors and it's very good of you to refund the guy!
Most wouldn't

computid

posted on 26/6/15 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
On a serious note. They are very good motors and it's very good of you to refund the guy!
Most wouldn't

Yeah it's an awesome bike, I didn't really want to let it go but I've bought a sensible tenere and I'm looking for an RSV4 for my second bike

I honestly didn't know it was Cat B, if I'd have known I never would have sold it without explicitly stating it. It's only fair to give a refund, I'd hate it to be done to me!

I'm picking it up Sunday and I'll post a video of it running

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.