Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2009 BMW 535d For Sale
craig1410

posted on 15/1/21 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
2009 BMW 535d For Sale

Hi guys,

As some of you may recall, my BMW 535d was rear-ended last year and was written off as a CAT S by the insurance company due to the age and cost to repair. It then became a lockdown project last year and is finally ready to be sold.

I've updated my personal blog with loads of photos and details and you can view it here:

https://www.meerkats.uk.com/log-book

I've not had much joy lately with adding photos to this forum but will try a link below:

Description
Description

I'll be putting it on Auto Trader soon but if anyone on here wants a good car for not much money then let me know!

The car is located in North Ayrshire which obviously has added relevance due to lockdown but last time I checked car buying and selling was still permitted. But even if it's not allowed or advisable, I'm sure something could be arranged where a deal could be agreed until such time as collection was permitted.

Anyway, feel free to give me any feedback via U2U or right here.

Thanks,
Craig.

[Edited on 16/1/2021 by craig1410]

[Edited on 16/1/2021 by craig1410]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2750
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 15/1/21 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Great car Craig . If I was looking for another id be on your case . Glwts
craig1410

posted on 16/1/21 at 12:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR
Great car Craig . If I was looking for another id be on your case . Glwts

Thanks buddy - you’re right, it is a great car. My wife wants me to keep it and sell my other car.

Truth be told I do have mixed feelings since this car and I have done a lot of enjoyable miles together. There was no way I could ever have waved this car away on the back of a transporter en route to the salvage yard. I’ll probably be lucky to break even on repairing it but it’s the right thing to do. I just need to find a buyer who understands what they are looking at and it’ll sell itself.

Covid permitting, I’m happy to let a potential buyer crawl over and under the car until their heart is content. If I don’t find a buyer then I can always wrap it up, power it down and keep it as a spare car! It deserves to be driven though so that’s plan A

wrayvon

posted on 18/1/21 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
How much is it up for?

Also that link doesn't seem to work

craig1410

posted on 18/1/21 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Yeah, my web host has a technical problem which has been escalated and I hope it'll be fixed today. The site can still be reached via an alternate domain name here:

http://www.craig.chamberlain.name/log-book

Looking for £4950 ONO

Cheers,
Craig.

craig1410

posted on 9/2/21 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Just a brief update to say the car is now sold to a very happy new owner!

Mixed feeling of course as it has without doubt been the best car I have owned and an ideal complement to our BMW i3 BEV. But since I already have a replacement E61 and can't drive two of them, it's good to know that the old one will be getting used and appreciated every day again.

I actually sold it via Gumtree but I would describe that route as very hit and miss as I got a few silly enquiries and offers to swap for other random items. I've never sold on Gumtree before but it seems a bit weird where the people I encountered would send me a message asking if the car was still available, then just a few mins later they send another message asking if I got the first one (sometimes in the middle of the night) and then maybe they'll make a silly offer for the car (eg. 50% of asking price). Then when you contact them you might get offered a swap for a trailer or something instead.

Overall I didn't make a fortune out of the accident repair and sale but I didn't lose anything either and more importantly the car will live on!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.