Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mini One for sale
BenBrooks

posted on 10/2/21 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Mini One for sale

Non Locost related, aside from probably the final sale price.

My dad is selling our Mini One on eBay for spares or repairs (clutch is beginning to slip).

May be of interest to someone..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254862815693?_trksid=p2471758.m4703#viTabs_0

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

02GF74

posted on 14/2/21 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Firstly good luck with the sale (I'm not after a mini), but why cover up the number plate?

BTW you are not the only one who has done this but, I'm not having a go but can't see the purpose. ?

Number plates are in public domain, cloning the plate is reason usually given but that can be done by a crook walking past your house or seeing it being driven. It may have been a concern in the 89z but with ANPR cameras and BB watching us, I would imagine cloning is not the issue it was.

A serious buyer would want to check the MOT history as this would indicate how well the car had been looked after, clearly that's not possible, does that mean the seller has something to hide?

bozla

posted on 15/2/21 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
Having been a victim of cloning recently I would always cover the plate. Having to contact the DVLA to unscrap my car, and then getting threatening letters from the police impound (who were too lazy to notice that the cloned car was not only a different model, but also make, and too lazy to also pick up the phone/answer emails), then dealing with the resultant insurance claims from the cloned car crash..... I'd been driving around for 2 weeks, unwittingly, untaxed and uninsured, all automatically cancelled because the police scrapped the cloned version, and didn't tell me anything until aforementioned threatening letters.

Please, any serious buyer contact and ask for details.

[Edited on 15/2/21 by bozla]

[Edited on 15/2/21 by bozla]

coyoteboy

posted on 15/2/21 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Why would they pick a clone source from the Internet? Clearly they usually pick one that isn't the same make/model as they're not that careful, so there's no benefit to hiding it? They probably just make them up and check against tax check.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.