Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cheap Laptop OK for Megajolt etc?
Surrey Dave

posted on 21/2/21 at 01:42 AM Reply With Quote
Cheap Laptop OK for Megajolt etc?

Hi,
I have a good old basic Dell Inspiron 1300 Windows XP laptop for sale

2.00ghz cpu 2gb ram 120gb HDD 14.1" screen

Owned by me from new , in laptop case it's ebay for £49.95 + £8.50 P/P

Could do someone a turn on here......or you can collect from Surrey RH13HH

Link To Dell For Sale

[Edited on 21/2/21 by Surrey Dave]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Deckman001

posted on 21/2/21 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome back stranger, it's good to hear from you again.

Am not after a laptop, just thought I'd say hello

Jason

steve m

posted on 21/2/21 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
I bought my Garage Laptop of Dave, about 10 years ago!!

Its still going as well, and up to a few weeks ago, my Grandaughter was using it for school work,

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Surrey Dave

posted on 21/2/21 at 11:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Guys

Hello Guys,

Deckman , are you back building again?

Anyway I recently tried to find out what was happening with my Locost F607KGT, as it has not been mot'd in the last 6 yrs, so I wrote to the buyers address and have heard nothing back, perhaps it left the country, the buyer was never back on this forum after purchasing it.

I thought it may have fallen into disrepair and I could rescue it................any info gratefully received......

Deckman001

posted on 22/2/21 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Surrey Dave
Hello Guys,

Deckman , are you back building again?

Anyway I recently tried to find out what was happening with my Locost F607KGT, as it has not been mot'd in the last 6 yrs, so I wrote to the buyers address and have heard nothing back, perhaps it left the country, the buyer was never back on this forum after purchasing it.

I thought it may have fallen into disrepair and I could rescue it................any info gratefully received......

Hi Dave,

Yeah i managed to get my original locost back January 2020, it took me 6 months to be ready i thought for the test, but got quite a few fails, although those fails were great to see making the car safer. Am now almost ready for the re-test but covid has stopped my friend from finishing the last two bits before the test so I have to hope it'll be ready before the re-test last date in early April.
If you fancy a long read, check out my posts on the Project diary part of this forum.

https://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/66/viewthread.php?tid=215996

Jason

[Edited on 22/2/21 by Deckman001]

James

posted on 23/2/21 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Dave,

Long time no see!

Good to see you're still alive and kicking!

Hope all is well,
James

[Edited on 23/2/21 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Surrey Dave

posted on 23/2/21 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
Cheap Laptop

Hi James,

Deckman................I scanned through your loooong build thread.............should be ok with bike carbs!!!

I still think a Crossflow suits the design, quite small and light, deffo not Pinto!!!! ....too tall and heavy.....

I suppose people are using the little 3 cyl Fiesta engine now????, small light and quite powerful?

James

posted on 2/3/21 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Hi James,

Deckman................I scanned through your loooong build thread.............should be ok with bike carbs!!!

I still think a Crossflow suits the design, quite small and light, deffo not Pinto!!!! ....too tall and heavy.....

I suppose people are using the little 3 cyl Fiesta engine now????, small light and quite powerful?

My other half has a Focus with the 3cyl turbo and it's a frikkin rocket ship!

I don't know what the car weighs but in terms of useable performance it's way more than you need for a family runabout. Only makes 45mpg compared to 56-60 in her previous diesel Fiesta but it's great.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Deckman001

posted on 2/3/21 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Hi James,

Cheers Dave, yeah I have finally managed to set up the bike carbs, they flew through the emissions test at the m.o.t. workshop so hopefully they will do the same during my retest :-)

Jason

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.