Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone going Newark?!?!
bi22le

posted on 15/9/24 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone going Newark?!?!

Weather looks good for Saturday, Sunday hot and miss.

I may going depending on how my car goes on the rolling road tomorrow. If it goes well, I'll be buzzing and want to go. If something goes wrong I'll be at home sulking.

I'll be walking around promoting Tea N Bizz-Kits. If you go, keep an eye out for me and my car!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

JC

posted on 16/9/24 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
I’ll be there……if I pass the mot retest on Thursday…
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 16/9/24 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
I'm kinda tempted, maybe check the weather closer to the time. Might see if I can rope a friend in for company.
MikeR

posted on 16/9/24 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
I can't do sunday ..... I'm wondering if i can persuade the misses that all the jobs she's got lined up (that I said I'd do) don't actually need doing.
Slimy38

posted on 16/9/24 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
I've been booked for chores on Saturday so I'm going to try and get up there Sunday.

Of course, what really annoys me was I was going to the autojumble this month, so this morning I checked what day that was... It was yesterday!

Partofthechaos

posted on 17/9/24 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
I'm determined to get there next year, need to finish my car first though.
christim

posted on 17/9/24 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be at Sportscars in the Park on Sunday, weather permitting. Newby Hall, (near Ripon) just a 1/2 hour drive for me

My Build Thread

MikeR

posted on 17/9/24 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Partofthechaos
I'm determined to get there next year, need to finish my car first though.

I said that for many years - then i went and bought a car

(still got the locost taking up space in the side of the garage)

Partofthechaos

posted on 18/9/24 at 05:23 AM Reply With Quote

I said that for many years - then i went and bought a car

(still got the locost taking up space in the side of the garage)

I don't blame you, it's a lot of effort!

bi22le

posted on 18/9/24 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
I AM GOING SATURDAY.

I shout this because it's big news for me. Probably not been to a kit car show in 10+ years and NEVER taken a car to any show in my life.

So I'll be trailering the striker up Saturday for the day to have a look around meet some people and hopefully promote the YouTube channel.

If you see me, please come say hi. I don't bite, more likely to give you a hug!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

40inches

posted on 21/9/24 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
I'll be there today (Saturday) with the MK on the UK Kit Car Club area from around 12 o'clock.
Slimy38

posted on 21/9/24 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
How was it? The weather looked spectacular, I'm just hoping it's similar tomorrow.
ianhurley20

posted on 21/9/24 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Arrived at 0940, no queue and parked on the runway very near the ticket entrance. Walked to the entrance , again no queue, and looked around. Not many there! This looks like less than the wash out rain event of last year but with sunshine. The numbers did build for a while but by 1300 were diminishing but there were a lot more kit cars by then. Went out and found the car had only one row of cars behind it. When I last went to the Normous Newark autojumble a few weeks ago the runway and the grass field were full at the same arrival time and we had to park outside the fenced area. I really don't see this show carrying on with this sort of attendance. Malvern is much too far for me in Norfolk to travel to and Newark is still over 100 miles, I would love to see Stoneleigh reinstated.
Said this last year but for Tim Dutton- Woolley saying he might be presenting a new car I would not have gone this year but I really don't think I will go next year

Posting time was 2205 not 0905 as header said

[Edited on 21-9-24 by ianhurley20]

bi22le

posted on 22/9/24 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
I was quite impressed. Probably not much made in gate sales, most I recon attended for free. WSCC must have had 40+ cars on their stand, NWKCOG had 20+ and there must have been 50 AC Cobra types and at least 50 other makes / groups.

The indoor area seemed good and busy, noise levels varied but often had a buzz. I have not been to a kit car show for many years and ok, it wasn't like the big ones in the day that took a whole day to walk around, but it was worth the trip. Anyone who doesn't go with their kit cant moan about shows being smaller and dying out.

I went for 3 reasons:

- To make up the numbers and support the industry
- To meet people and get content for Tea N' Bizz-Kits YT channel
- Have a look at the MK stand and see their new kits.

I randomly did a live stream walk around on behalf of 7spot YT channel if you want to see what it was like

[Edited on 22/9/24 by bi22le]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.