Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ali hubs
Triton

posted on 12/7/05 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Ali hubs

Jason (deckman) should be swamped with orders for his aluminium cortina hubs....cheaper than the rest and from what i saw they are better made to.

Mark

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Deckman001

posted on 12/7/05 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
wow, and the one I showed you was all dirty and dusty as well !!
Thanks Mark !

Jason

billy

posted on 12/7/05 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
any chance of doing some sierra ones?????

luego-lo-cost finished,vauxhall 16v 2.0,twin 45s de-dion rear set up

Deckman001

posted on 12/7/05 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, after i get the cortina ones finnished !! , I'll need a template though

Jason

ned

posted on 12/7/05 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
i *might* still have set of sierra hubs kicking about if you need some jason. will have to double check, let me know if interesed/when the time comes .

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Triton

posted on 13/7/05 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
Jason,
They don't have to be clean and shiney to see how well made they are....thinking last night about what other bits n bobs you could make and i remembered i have drawings of front and rear uprights if you fancy going that route......not cortina....not sierra......these are real uprights the "motorsport bullshit" kind

NS Dev

posted on 13/7/05 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
telling you what you already know no doubt, but remember that the hub "outer" on the sierra sets the bearing preload and the length tolerance on it is very critical. Whether this needs to be different with the hub made in alloy I don't know, but I would suspect it may need to be?? I'd be interested in knowing how easy it is to get hold of a broach for cutting the splined bore on these too, as I have drawn a blank repeatedly around here when looking for a solution to a similar problem! (well, without spending a load of cash getting one made anyway!)
Deckman001

posted on 13/7/05 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triton
Jason,
i have drawings of front and rear uprights if you fancy going that route......not cortina....not sierra......these are real uprights the "motorsport bullshit" kind

If you think there is a market for you to sell them i can get em made Eventually

Jason

Triton

posted on 13/7/05 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
real engineering firms will be able to do the broaching thing......my old boss should me the hard way using a lathe...literally skimming/ramming a correct shape cutting into the work piece clamped in the chuck and the cutter on the headstock.....took him ages and looked very crude but as they say..."job was a good un"
dblissett

posted on 13/7/05 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
broach

if you have any problems with the splines hunt down a local gear cutter they can do one offs cheaper than having a broach made if you take cash
cheers dave

Volvorsport

posted on 13/7/05 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
darrians used the hub carrier from the rear mounted on ally front hubs - i have pics somewhere - geometry worked out good also

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.