Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: digital speedo
dblissett

posted on 10/8/05 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
digital speedo

Item number: 7991620175
this item number on ebay at the moment seems to be for bikes but can anone tell me if it would be ok to use as a digital dash i dont know how to put a link up on here but at £152 it seems to be spot on
as it does speed rpm and fuel all in one
thanks dave

MikeR

posted on 10/8/05 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
they don't look bad do they. Look up the ace in locostbuilders as its been covered a few times. If it did a rev counter to around 8000rpm i think i'd be interested.
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 10/8/05 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7991620175

dblissett

posted on 10/8/05 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
mike r

mike it does do rpm ie digital taco and because its for a bike it must go up above 8000
so am i right to be interested or can anyone tell if its ok for the sva

donut

posted on 10/8/05 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
I was interested in this too. For the money it's spot on!! If it's easy to calibrate the speed then it seems a good buy if it can be wired up ok and i don't see why not. The only thing that concerns me is the length of the loom, would it be long enough?

Buy it and let us know if it works!!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dblissett

posted on 10/8/05 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
ha ha donut

Buy it and let us know if it works!!

i am to tight for that but my dad lives in lincoln and i need to see him
or rather drop the kids off while i go and check these out what sort of radius should i be looking for for it to pass the sva

[Edited on 10/8/05 by dblissett]

donut

posted on 10/8/05 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
he he..

Let us know how you get on.

I was going to buy the Veypor digi dash (for car) at £189.99 and recess it in to the dash so it was flush. Don't forget that if it's within a certain ammount near the steering wheel then it doesn't need to comply with SVA radius. i can't remember the exclusion zone arround the steering wheel, maybe someone can remind me.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeR

posted on 10/8/05 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
I believe these are designed for quads so they can go on the road - hence should be SVA ok.

I know it does RPM but it goes up to 12,000 or something similar, i'd like the same phsycial distance to only go up to 8,000 for the car engine.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.