Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cams
focijohn

posted on 7/7/08 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Cams

Evening all,
just trying to put together a list of bit for my zetec that i dont yet have!!
As per title which cams are ppl using /planning to use. I'm aiming for about 160 ish to begin with, bike bodes lightened bottom end and cams. Should this be easily achevable with this to be set up?
Any suppliers that ppl recommend , i have been shown a company autosprint up in B'ham has anyone delt with them??

Cheers

John

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

bob

posted on 7/7/08 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
cams

Hi

I've read on here recently that a 2 litre zetec with throttle bodies ARP rod bolts and an aftermarket ign set up ie megasquirt will easilly achieve 160bhp with the regular cams.

Jackman

posted on 7/7/08 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Piper ZETABP285H is what you want! power band is 2500-7500 so is very drivable for road use and when dialed in right you are looking at 180-200 bhp with throttle bodies and a small amount of head work.
focijohn

posted on 7/7/08 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
must have missed that one! I think head work will come later, once i've stopped screaming! Make more financial sense to have the cams in there and have it all mapped together!!?? 180 sounds very apealing

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 7/7/08 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
I got over 170bhp (flywheel) on 3 seperate rolling roads with a 2L pre-95 Zetec with standard cams and a pair of properly set up DHLA45 carbs with Tiger's pretty basic 4-1 exhaust. I would think 160bhp should be quite conservative really with your setup if its a 2L

What size is your engine??

focijohn

posted on 7/7/08 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
im on the hunt for a blacktop 2.0

viatron

posted on 8/7/08 at 05:29 AM Reply With Quote
standard black top, arp big end bolts, jenvey throttle bodies and DTA ecu=174BHP fitting a ported head and cams next weekend along with a tranx straight cut close ratio box look out!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Micael

posted on 8/7/08 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
-95 silvertop, ported head (by me), skimmed head (1 mm), Megasquirt, gsxr-r TB, ARP-bolts, standard cams

187 hp @ 7000

Micael Moose Åman

Petrolhead and all around nice guy

"Don't leave the duck there. It's totally irresponsible. Put it on the swing, it'll have much more fun." //Sleep Talkin Man Dec 23 2009

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.