Board logo

Will 13" Pro Race 1.2 alloys fit over Sierra brakes?
yellowcab - 21/3/12 at 12:19 AM

Done a search and a search again, then again... Use to make sure I didnt miss it...

As a rule of thumb, will 13" Pro Race 1.2 alloys fit over front and rear Sierra disks?

I appreciate all may be slightly different, but just as a general rule I wondered if there was certain things that have to be done to the brake setup first???

welderman - 21/3/12 at 12:25 AM

Yep should do. Mine fitted over them and also over wilwoods I fitted

yellowcab - 21/3/12 at 12:33 AM

Great, the idea is to kill the current 15" tyres then replace the wheels and tyres together, or I might sell what's left on my tyres and current 15s lol

Are offsets pretty straight ford along with wheel widths...? I presume 6J at front, and 8J at rear?

What did you opt for? Wasn't keen on buying brand new wheels, as it's just a track goer, but they rarely come up second hand...

snapper - 21/3/12 at 06:30 AM

I did see advertised on here some smaller rear caliper handbrake springs.
The springs on the rear calipers is the bit that sticks out the most.

T66 - 21/3/12 at 07:37 AM

I've got sierra h brake calipers on mine, with compo 13" wheels on.

The spring just lightly fouls the wheel.

And I read here on another thread , gts sell modded springs to fix it.

daniel mason - 21/3/12 at 07:38 AM

think its something like RJK350 who sells the springs. i bought a set for my 13"'s and fit perfect.

jelly head - 21/3/12 at 08:10 AM

Yep deffo RJK350, had to get some myself to clear 13" pro race 1.2s.

afj - 21/3/12 at 08:14 AM

yep they will fit if you remove the handbrake caliper spring it can be replaced with just a nice stiff compression spring rather than an expensive custom made one

yellowcab - 21/3/12 at 08:31 AM

Great, thanks everyone for your experiences & input!

Now on the lookout for said wheels... anyone know of any being sold?

welderman - 21/3/12 at 10:56 AM

lol, wheels are like rocking horse poo, ive been looking for months and months

PAUL FISHER - 21/3/12 at 12:15 PM

Ive been looking aswell for the last 2 months, none have come up 2nd hand, might have to buy new ones, about the cheapest ive found are these on ebay, anyone found any cheaper?.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

afj - 21/3/12 at 01:18 PM

Try andy at AB Performance or danny at mk sports cars for the team dynamics
george polly motorsport or compomotive themselves for compomotive CXRs

yellowcab - 21/3/12 at 05:56 PM

Thanks everyone for your helpfulness )

RAYLEE29 - 21/3/12 at 07:23 PM

Hi, anyone fitted rs 4 spokes over sierra discs etc as above? I have a spare set and think they would look more retro than the sierra wheels i have at mo.
Ray

yellowcab - 21/3/12 at 07:29 PM

There are some lime green ones on eBay too, I saw them and pondered, but the weight advantage would be my main reason for downsizing to 13s, from 15s, and I doubt those 13s would weigh much less than my current 15s lol