Board logo

rear brake pads
tony-devon - 22/8/11 at 01:50 PM

Hi guys, I need a set of rear brake pads for my build, but no idea what they came from, the local motor factors wont open the boxes so I can compare with my existing pads

they only work off the reg number or model etc, the wet behind the ears sales guy looked rather stramge when I said its a Q plate, tried to tell me I must have read it wrong LOL

I know the whole back end is from a sierra LOL

the diff is a 7.5" 3.92 non LSD, discs are solid, from memory I think I remember the seller saying that it came from a twin cam engine sierra??

according to the car place there is 3 different types, I have looked on ebay etc, but most are just generic photos of the item so no good for comparison

anyone offer any advice on finding the right ones???

MikeCapon - 22/8/11 at 02:17 PM

Hi Tony,

There some nice pics on here. ACDelco

tony-devon - 22/8/11 at 02:57 PM

thanks, I been through it, but it only lists front pads for a sierra

however I have added that to favourites as its very useful, thanks

splitrivet - 22/8/11 at 03:19 PM

This might be better http://www.fmecat.eu select make and model cc etc when its loaded click the part number and it gives you a pic.
Cheers,
Bob

Arthur T wareing - 22/8/11 at 03:39 PM

Hi I used a twin cam sierra 2.0 the rear drive shafts are the bolt on type it had rear calipers and they were the same as the granada of the same year 1990 have a look on ebay.good look Arthur

tony-devon - 22/8/11 at 04:05 PM

thanks Arthur, thats a start will have a look, yes mine are also bolt on shafts

I will get this sorted, got MOT on Friday, fitted new discs and will have to bed them in on the way

tony-devon - 22/8/11 at 08:08 PM

thanks splitrivet, that link was top notch, managed to find some pads, drawing and dimensions etc

hopingnow that if I go in with the ferodo part number, they will be able to find the equivalents and I can get them fitted

many thanks