Board logo

Rear roll bar (rear cage) for STM Locost?
Mike Wood - 11/4/23 at 11:40 AM

Hi

Anyone got a rear roll bar (rear cage) for a Stuart Taylor Motorsport Locost please that was made to RAC MSA/MSUK spec cluttering up their garage or shed? Nice and high, just like: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dgmsp/5301448684/in/photostream/

Thanks
Mike

[Edited on 11/4/23 by Mike Wood]

jcsh - 21/6/24 at 03:32 PM

Hi all, sorry to butt in on this thread, but for technical reasons I haven't been able to start may own thread..

I am also after a cage or hoop for my stuart taylor locost. Does anyone have a lead on one please?
I'm in France but can arrange pickup in UK

Thanks for reading

Mike Wood - 21/6/24 at 05:27 PM

Happy for the thread revival. Procomp Motorsport would have been an option for a full race cage MSUK approved but unfortunately Matt is no longer with us.

I am investigating the option of getting Tubebender to supply tubes to my drawings for a rear cage and then getting this locally welded by a rally car preparation company (I am in SW Scotland), using tube spec and design that will meet UK regs for hillclimbs and sprints. See: https://tube-bender.co.uk/

Cheers
Mike

jcsh - 21/6/24 at 05:48 PM

Hi Mike
Thanks for your reply I’ll have a look at the tube benders site
It would probably still be helpful if someone could chime in with dimensions for a Stuart Taylor rear cage, I know I’m being really hopeful here ))))
Cheers
James

[Edited on 21/6/24 by jcsh]

Slimy38 - 21/6/24 at 07:34 PM

I would certainly recommend Tube Bender, they did mine to measurements and it was on my doorstep within a week. Great price, and done with the correct spec steel. I even went back to them for some exhaust bends.

bi22le - 23/6/24 at 01:18 AM

If Mike wood gets some measurements to Tube benders jcsh can just reorder the same.

From experience the measuring is actually quite easy, just get everything over length. Then once you have the tubes with the car you can then take your tone to cut it to the correct size, fish mouth the end with the correct angles and get the welder out.