Board logo

Battery chargers at Lidl form 14.01
whitestu - 7/1/10 at 07:18 PM

Not bad at £12.99

Suitable for all 6V and 12V sealed lead acid batteries including wet, gel or AGM batteries (1.2 - 120 Ah)

Link

Colnago_Man - 7/1/10 at 07:38 PM

Great spot.

Also Fire Extinguishers and Chrome Trim!

GeoffT - 7/1/10 at 07:39 PM

Think I might try another one of these, despite the fact that the Tronic version I bought from Lidl a good while ago seems to be one of the few that developed a fault.

Come to think of it, I believe they had a two year warranty, I'm sure it's not that old. Now where did I put that receipt......

bob - 7/1/10 at 07:56 PM

The Fire Extinguishers at £4.99 are good value, i know 1Kg doesnt go far but at a fiver each it would be silly not to have one each end of your garage as well as in the car.

I've got the tronic charger on my battery now in maintainance mode, another very good value item.

T66 - 7/1/10 at 08:56 PM

Good spot..

Ive already got a Lidl extinguisher , methinks i will be having another couple for the garage.

My two pop bottles are getting tired

Paul W - 7/1/10 at 11:19 PM

anyone tried the Lidl heated massage cushion in the car

Bluemoon - 8/1/10 at 09:53 AM

I have the aldi version (I expect it's the same) same spec as the C-Tec charger people rave about.. Idea for winter layup..

Dan

GeoffT - 8/1/10 at 12:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GeoffT
Think I might try another one of these, despite the fact that the Tronic version I bought from Lidl a good while ago seems to be one of the few that developed a fault.

Come to think of it, I believe they had a two year warranty, I'm sure it's not that old. Now where did I put that receipt......

......just to update - result! It's 2 years old now but contacted the service agents listed in the service booklet and they've offered to replace it, don't even need the old unit returned. Not bad service for something that cost me a tenner..

So if you buy one....keep the receipt....

coozer - 8/1/10 at 12:19 PM

I have one of them chargers that is currently connected trying to revive my car from -10!

mads - 8/1/10 at 11:24 PM

anyone know if they are any good for bike batteries?

GeoffT - 9/1/10 at 05:21 PM

The previous versions of this charger had a 'bike battery' setting, which limited the charging current to 0.8A. The latest one looks like it's from the same stable, so is likely to have this facility I would think.....

GeoffT - 14/1/10 at 12:57 PM

Loads of these in Lidl today, looks much like the previous version but with an added 6v facility.

If you get one don't forget to keep the receipt, as mentioned previously they do honour the (3yr) warranty....