Board logo

C20xe MS2 Base Map
Ben_Copeland - 20/11/11 at 01:57 PM

Help!, i'm getting really stressed trying to sort out my MS2 extra with Tunerstudio. Its near impossible to find any basemaps and settings now on the internet.

Should i give up with tunerstudio and try megatune instead? I've got all the instructions for megatune, but i thought tunerstudio was supposed to me much better and easier.

Has anyone got a base map i can have that'll get me on my way?

I've got fairly standard XE with dispak and GSXR ITBs.

Or someone in Kent who can spare me a couple hours next weekend?

Thanks

perksy - 20/11/11 at 02:24 PM

Ben

Don't know if its any help, but i have a few MBE XE maps here if you can transpose any of the data into Megsquirt ?

Ben_Copeland - 20/11/11 at 02:28 PM

Thanks for the offer. i'm not sure if you can transfer the data from MBE to MS?

I'll check on it.

Ben_Copeland - 21/11/11 at 07:21 AM

Anyone? Pretty please

corpi - 21/11/11 at 07:52 AM

I can let you have mine, BUT I'm running a normal coil and dizzy. and you will have to adjust the fueling as the injectors are probably different, Mine are the red Suzuki ones and with 4 bar fuel pressure they only just work ...

In return I''d be interested in other peoples timing tables for a XE.

It will have to be tonight no access before, so if you get a better/ quicker offer let me know!

Pieter

Ben_Copeland - 21/11/11 at 08:16 AM

Thanks Pieter that will be good, can you email it to me please (hit the email button under my post). Injector rates I can change, not sure how to change to wasted spark atm though.

Obviously still interested in other peoples ones that are closer matching

[Edited on 21/11/11 by Ben_Copeland]

Ben_Copeland - 21/11/11 at 08:48 PM

Thanks Pieter received, will use it for comparison.

Anyone else?

[Edited on 21/11/11 by Ben_Copeland]

ashg - 21/11/11 at 09:29 PM

ben first off is the car roadworthy? if it is get a wideband and i will pop down some time during december and map it to a point where its pretty driveable on the road. at the end of the day if you cant drive it there is no way your ever gonna get a half decent map. if you just want to get it running and revving in the garage thats a doddle and can be done in an hour or two.

Ben_Copeland - 21/11/11 at 09:40 PM

Hi Ash, its not roadworthy yet. I'm banned from spending time on the car atm lol but i can sit on my laptop putting in settings in the evening and she's unaware lol

I'll try gleam all the correct settings for wasted spark/injectors etc etc so its partly there and give you a shout when i'm ready if thats ok.

Thanks mate

ashg - 21/11/11 at 09:47 PM

thats fine keep playing and you will learn more. setting up all the things like wasted spark crank trigger angle etc is all easy 2 min things. did you fit the ms2 chip yet as all the settings/screens in tuner studio will change once thats in.

Ben_Copeland - 21/11/11 at 09:57 PM

Yes mate. Worked first time thanks for getting it for me originally too lol